Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Enchanter's power level? Multiple choice allowed.
Non-classically overpowered and needs nerf 66 33.33%
Non-classically overpowered and does not need nerf 19 9.60%
Classically overpowered and needs nerf (Bard, Nec, etc examples) 23 11.62%
Classically overpowered and does not need nerf 88 44.44%
Trivializes content and needs nerf 42 21.21%
Trivializes content and does not need nerf 16 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

I guess if it's for the greater good and the protection of Tunare...

Jk hope u know I'm just trolling it's just a game. One I obviously take to seriously.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Memblur is the best spell.

And atone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2021, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still waiting for you to post the videos you said you would. I hope you're not just going to have absolutely nothing to backup your garbage claims for the umpteenth time. Please prove me wrong for once, I want you to.
Don't worry I will. Just busy at the moment.

I was browsing old newsgroups last night and it was really interesting. There are endless mentions that charm breaking was very dangerous even with stuns, etc and fighting outdoors.

All the same old excuses are also debunked there. Pretty much everyone knows CHA is important for Enchanter and what do you see? Not people confirming CHA is great, people complaining they put their starting stats in CHA and now they realize it has almost zero impact on charm even with testing data. It seems to help a lot going from 50 to 75, etc but after about 125ish everyone agrees further increases do nothing noticeable.

People talking about charming green mobs and it still breaks "randomly" often in less than a minute. Lots of Enchanters begging Verant to fix charm duration and confirming that it is mostly useless. The only acknowledged use is to "CC" giants immune to stun/mez and it's only discussed in a complaining way that charm on giants to CC just results in death all the time and lasts 20 seconds on a good cast.

Unlike people trying to claim the discussion of charming giants is cause it's so awesome and OP it's actually because Enchanters are mad nothing else works and that charm just gets them killed. Essentially the Monk/puller becomes the CC agent and that pissed a lot of Enchanters off not made them happy they can easily charm giants for massive DPS. Lots of complaints about DPS in general actually and no mention of pet DPS being good or making up for the lack of damage.

Don't worry it just takes time.
Last edited by azxten; 03-23-2021 at 04:27 PM..
Old 03-23-2021, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Memblur is the best spell.

And atone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Atone amazing for 1) name and 2) the name of clicky.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2021, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't worry I will. Just busy at the moment.

I was browsing old newsgroups last night and it was really interesting. There are endless mentions that charm breaking was very dangerous even with stuns, etc and fighting outdoors.

All the same old excuses are also debunked there. Pretty much everyone knows CHA is important for Enchanter and what do you see? Not people confirming CHA is great, people complaining they put their starting stats in CHA and now they realize it has almost zero impact on charm even with testing data. It seems to help a lot going from 50 to 75, etc but after about 125ish everyone agrees further increases do nothing noticeable.

People talking about charming green mobs and it still breaks "randomly" often in less than a minute. Lots of Enchanters begging Verant to fix charm duration and confirming that it is mostly useless. The only acknowledged use is to "CC" giants immune to stun/mez and it's only discussed in a complaining way that charm on giants to CC just results in death all the time and lasts 20 seconds on a good cast.

Unlike people trying to claim the discussion of charming giants is cause it's so awesome and OP it's actually because Enchanters are mad nothing else works and that charm just gets them killed. Essentially the Monk/puller becomes the CC agent and that pissed a lot of Enchanters off not made them happy they can easily charm giants for massive DPS. Lots of complaints about DPS in general actually and no mention of pet DPS being good or making up for the lack of damage.

Don't worry it just takes time.
So now people talking about how charm breaks are dangerous is evidence of something? Of course charm breaks are dangerous. That’s not news lol

We have an in era enchanter guide on the wiki talking about how charm is the enchanters most powerful tool lol. Keep crying...but at any rate glad you found yourself a hobby
Old 03-23-2021, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So now people talking about how charm breaks are dangerous is evidence of something? Of course charm breaks are dangerous. That’s not news lol

We have an in era enchanter guide on the wiki talking about how charm is the enchanters most powerful tool lol. Keep crying...but at any rate glad you found yourself a hobby
"Old Newsgroups"

A new level of insanity
Old 03-23-2021, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some observations on that guide.

It seems to be mostly based in the Velious and Luclin era. So mostly in era, but there's a chance some of it is out of scope. The author calls out that small updates and changes were made over the winter 2001-2002 holiday.

The guide also explicitly calls out "[thank you to] Aaldin Dbrain of the Prexus server, who finally was able to get me to dust off the charm spells". So initially the author didn't value charm either, perhaps due to bugs or tuning that were quashed over time.

That being said, I think it's solid evidence, but it actually supports the narrative that formulae on p99 for Enchanter spells/skills may be non-classic.

For example, from the guide:
"* Charm resist rates are minorly impacted by higher Charisma."
"* Charm duration is random, and not visibly affected by Charisma."

Contradicts the common knowledge on p99 that "charm durations are linearly proportional to charisma" https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=92423

You may argue that they didn't do thorough research back in the day, but a linear relationship is pretty darn obvious.

Does anyone know if there's counter-evidence provide to justify why Charisma affects charm duration here?
Last edited by Keebz; 03-23-2021 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 03-23-2021, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine trying to charm on shitty internet from 1999-2001.
Or random crashes or downtimes.

We need to emulate internet from 1999! It's the only solution.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:58 PM
Skeleton

Imagine reading that fighting outdoors is dangerous and then continuing further as if there's any credibility left in what is being said.
Closed Thread