Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 02:41 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone sell me on why this server would be better than TAKP/other alternatives?
TAKP would be 1000x better if it used Titanium and not what EQMac was using. I realize its the true client to the era but it fucking sucks. I dont know of any other alternatives that stop at Luclin or PoP, PEQ is decent and Lazarus seems like its rolling but they both go well past in expansions than what most people care to play. You lose interest after PoP/LDoN with LoY being a huge meeeh.
Old 12-31-2021, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrenell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TAKP would be 1000x better if it used Titanium and not what EQMac was using. I realize its the true client to the era but it fucking sucks. I dont know of any other alternatives that stop at Luclin or PoP, PEQ is decent and Lazarus seems like its rolling but they both go well past in expansions than what most people care to play. You lose interest after PoP/LDoN with LoY being a huge meeeh.
Why does it suck?
Old 01-01-2022, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does it suck?
probably just can't conceive of gameplay without the 3rd person mouse scroll
Old 01-01-2022, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

iirc light sources work as they should on the the original client, as well as stamina. Things titanium cannot replicate.
Old 01-01-2022, 07:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrenell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LoY is amazing for leveling characters through 30s to 50s. It felt almost like classic again... well apart from the bards swarming Dulaks!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-01-2022, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

I can feel the Nostalgia of EQ in is very post. And I know nothing of such things. /shrugs
Old 01-01-2022, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
iirc light sources work as they should on the the original client, as well as stamina. Things titanium cannot replicate.
I've never noticed stamina doing anything on TAKP.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornswoggle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New Luclin server coming up on emu end of month - everluclin.boards.net
True single box?
boxing = just dies like p2002/wayfarers and all the rest.

why hasnt anyone figured out that boxing castrates emu servers?
Old 01-02-2022, 06:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Why does it suck?
I get a very jerky frame rate on TAKP, it makes playing uncomfortable. I’m sure it is a solvable problem, but I’ve not worked it out yet.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-02-2022, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never noticed stamina doing anything on TAKP.
hmm

but yeah, anyway, weapon weight/delay should be a factor and its the reason why stamina regen spells are in the game, such as Zing and Acumen.