Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

I had an IP exemption a few years ago to play with my son. We have moved and we'd like to play again. How can I check to see if my exemption is still in effect?

Edit: Found it in the resolved petitions thread. Looks like it's by account. It was back in 2014! Hoping it is still current so we can play together.

http://www.moonlightcrusaders.com
Last edited by Kimja; 12-06-2019 at 03:38 PM..
Old 12-08-2019, 11:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Curious question when it is approved will it be moved to resolved and that is it or will we get a forum message? In no rush I know it takes time but just wondering how we will know it has been approved?
Old 12-08-2019, 01:26 PM
Skeleton

dont worry. you will be boxing soon enough.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dont worry. you will be boxing soon enough.
Ouch. Harsh accusation but you are entitled to your opinion. I am sure everyone who posts about ip exemptions is under suspsicion with good reason. Anyway I am not worried about the time. Just wondering if I should keep popping into the petition thread or looking at my private messages section for an update. That's all. I guess I will just keep popping into the petition thread.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I recently submitted a new one which hasn't gone through yet so you didn't miss this batch. I have also petitioned for an exemption in the past and if you are setup for emails it will send one. It also moves into the resolved area. I didn't receive a private message though. Hope that helps.

Only an idiot would request a IP exemption to box as well. Since they can apparently just use VMs w/ VPN, or a cell phone without first flagging themselves by asking for an exemption.

Best tool against botters/boxers is always reporting.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathmuredin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recently submitted a new one which hasn't gone through yet so you didn't miss this batch. I have also petitioned for an exemption in the past and if you are setup for emails it will send one. It also moves into the resolved area. I didn't receive a private message though. Hope that helps.

Only an idiot would request a IP exemption to box as well. Since they can apparently just use VMs w/ VPN, or a cell phone without first flagging themselves by asking for an exemption.

Best tool against botters/boxers is always reporting.
Neat! Thanks for the answer and that was exactly the kind of answer I was hoping for. Not worried about missing a batch. It'll happen when it happens. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I just didn't know if we should try to log in together every now and then etc but you answered that question adequately enough so I appreciate it. Will keep an eye on my email then.

Mind if I send you a pm to ask some non-ip exemption gaming related questions?
Old 12-14-2019, 07:01 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Silly, and completely N00b question. I'm trying to find out where to submit a petition for IP exemption. Roommate talked me into playing. Been having trouble locating it.
Old 12-15-2019, 02:12 PM
Fire Giant

Petition / Exploit

https://www.project1999.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=25
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 12-15-2019, 09:34 PM
Aviak

Just some advice from a 2009 veteran... If you're not getting a good response on your IP exemption request, make sure to take it to RnF. Mods here pretend to be above it, but staff responds quickly to pressure from the masses.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:37 AM
Kobold

Expecting too much from SG/GM volunteering their time for us to have fun? And for free