Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 04:44 PM
Large Rat

Post New player looking for pals!

As the title itself suggest, I'm looking for fellas who wanna play and maybe level together!

Quite new to EQ overall (never played it before until now). Decided to start on Green. Could use a helping hand with the motion of things!

Mostly aiming for a more casual experience. Am gonna level quite slowly tho, since I don't have that much time on my hand. I am also aiming mostly to take in the world of EQ too, so RP is a welcome thing too.

Also, I am European so time zone is GMT+2.
Old 11-16-2021, 06:14 PM
Banned

Heya! and well met!

Have any plans for what part of the world, class yet? or just exploring?
Old 11-16-2021, 06:41 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heya! and well met!

Have any plans for what part of the world, class yet? or just exploring?
Well met as well.

I've already made a character. A Human Warrior named Hirhon, starting in Freeport. I am currently doing nothing except killing mobs outside the West Gate and talking to random NPCs to see what they have to say.

Haven't progressed much, still level 2. Maybe I'm taking that slow grind a bit too serious...
Old 11-17-2021, 02:07 PM
Large Rat

Once you feel like you've got a character you want to stick with-- or you miss that sweet green guild text for chatting while you kill Fire Beetle #745-- look around to see if you might enjoy joining a guild.

Freya's Chariot is an all-level guild that has nightly grouping and some pretty friendly and helpful folks (I might be biased, I'm one of the three leaders) but we mostly run on US time, mornings and evenings.

Another guild with some friendly helpful folks is Dusk Til Dawn, and they're more on the EU time zones.

Almost everyone on the server is pretty helpful, especially if you're low level and stuck or just need some advice. Don't be afraid to reach out.

--Taldio
Old 11-17-2021, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlington [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well met as well.

I've already made a character. A Human Warrior named Hirhon, starting in Freeport. I am currently doing nothing except killing mobs outside the West Gate and talking to random NPCs to see what they have to say.

Haven't progressed much, still level 2. Maybe I'm taking that slow grind a bit too serious...
That's awesome. Every once in a rare while NPCs will talk about something other than what is in [brackets] not sure of any specific cases in Freeport. Sometimes something in brackets is just flavor text too. Since this is a recreation a few of the cooler secrets may be lost.

As a warrior, bind wound is your friend. I suggest doing deathfist belts until you're lvl 14 or so. Then scarabs in NRo can be jousted with a big 2 hander. I don't recommend soloing beyond lvl 16 on a warrior though unless you're farming loot and tradeskills.

Oasis should still be a great place to find a healer at lower levels. Eventually you'll want to find a magic weapon or two and hunt wisps for money. Once you're in the 40s with some gear there'll be a lot more room to explore and just do random stuff.

Don't be afraid to try out all the classes up to lvl 12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Remember you have three login accounts and 12 character slots each so don't delete!

Warrior is really cool class, really tough solo from scratch. Who knows though! If you make some friends you could easily get lvl 40 and some gear in a matter of weeks. Kudos to you if you stick with it.

I'll be sure to say hi if I see you on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Like Nhinx said, the green guild chat and nowadays different guild lobbies on discord are where its at! Even if you're just hanging out listening, reading. Makes the game way more interesting!
Last edited by starkind; 11-17-2021 at 08:17 PM..
Old 11-18-2021, 12:20 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for the suggestions, I will be sure to keep them in mind for the future!

I'm already dead set on playing warrior, as it has been my favorite class throughout MMORPGs and RPGs alike for years. Maybe once I finish him I'll start a new alt, though I tend to not really do that and just stick with one character for all-time, but who knows.

I was thinking of looking up some casual guilds and Dusk Till Dawn has been the most interesting prospect out of any due to the fact that it's a European based guild which aligns with my time zone.

Either way, I'll take things one at a time, as I am in no particular rush to get anywhere. It'll probably take me a few good months to get to the end game, but that's kind of my goal, because by the time I wrap things up, I'll be more than knowledgeable and accustomed to where I can step up my game (If I ever really want to tbf).
Old 11-18-2021, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlington [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the suggestions, I will be sure to keep them in mind for the future!

I'm already dead set on playing warrior, as it has been my favorite class throughout MMORPGs and RPGs alike for years. Maybe once I finish him I'll start a new alt, though I tend to not really do that and just stick with one character for all-time, but who knows.

I was thinking of looking up some casual guilds and Dusk Till Dawn has been the most interesting prospect out of any due to the fact that it's a European based guild which aligns with my time zone.

Either way, I'll take things one at a time, as I am in no particular rush to get anywhere. It'll probably take me a few good months to get to the end game, but that's kind of my goal, because by the time I wrap things up, I'll be more than knowledgeable and accustomed to where I can step up my game (If I ever really want to tbf).
Perfect plan.

I too move glacially at times through the game, even tho I have been known to rock the first few levels.
Old 11-18-2021, 04:45 PM
Orc

Is Hamlington your character's name? I can look for you online.
Old 11-18-2021, 08:30 PM
Aviak

I'm on GMT time, mostly play between 7pm - midnight. I'd be up for starting a new character to party with you, could do a cleric maybe! I'm mostly playing on my Iksar Monk called Deathimself so if you see me online send me a /tell
Old 11-19-2021, 03:58 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
I'm on GMT time, mostly play between 7pm - midnight. I'd be up for starting a new character to party with you, could do a cleric maybe! I'm mostly playing on my Iksar Monk called Deathimself so if you see me online send me a /tell
I'd be more than glad to accept the offer. If I do manage to catch you online, I'll be sure to drop a /tell.

Quote:
Is Hamlington your character's name? I can look for you online.
Character name is Hirhon.
Closed Thread