Default Why wont devs make luclin? here is a clue

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-26-2021, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

NOT CLASSIC
Old 12-26-2021, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hated that art in 2001, and I still hate it today. Some things do NOT get better with age.

-------------------------

Be interesting to see how this server turns out. Traditionally as soon as a server hits Luclin the population screams for Planes of Power; Luclin itself is usually seen as little more than a temporary pause on the way to Planes. Hopefully for its sake the admins are determined to stick to their plan. I'm no longer inclined to get in on an emulator server when it's brand new--P99 and its myriad early glitches was enough of that for one lifetime--but I might check this out in a couple years if it matures and builds a stable community. For all its faults I've also seen enough good in the Luclin expansion that it might be worth dabbling a little bit, unlike Planes of Power which I despise every aspect of.

Danth
Old 12-26-2021, 11:05 AM
Banned

Barf yeah seeing luclin models just instantly reminds me of those five billion later-era expansions that I've never played, but I will randomly see videos of or screenshots of.

There's basically classic-velious and then everything else just kind of blends together
Old 12-26-2021, 11:43 AM
Banned

time for lots of bards in the same armor
Old 12-26-2021, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Out of all the eq expansions luclin was probably the one I was looking forward to the most at the time. I just remember hearing about the new graphics, horses, aas, and market place and I thought it couldn't be any better of an expansion.

My brother and I shared a pc to play at the time and I remember we loaded up all the new models, and it took over an hr to load into the game. Then when finally in, we could barely move because of all the lag. Eventually we just used one new character model for the char we were playing. About 2 or 3 months in though I realized I liked the old animations better so I just stopped using the new models all together.

In hindsight I think luclin had some good features but really did signal the beginning of the end of eq imho.

Ahh the memories.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 12-26-2021 at 12:25 PM..
Old 12-26-2021, 12:29 PM
Banned

Best part of luclin was that huge-ass graphic in the sky of Norrath that rose\set like the moon does normally. That was definitely cool as hell. Speaking of which that graphic doesn't seem to work on eqemu servers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-26-2021, 03:28 PM
Large Rat

[QUOTE=Danth;3403509 Hopefully for its sake the admins are determined to stick to their plan.

Danth[/QUOTE]

The database for the Ever Luclin server was built from an old takp dump back in 2014'ish. It has had everything past luclin expansion wiped from it. (not just disabled, but deleted totally). All zones, items, etc, gone completely, so it is definately locked permanently at Luclin and will never see PoP. But as it states on the forums, it is not implied to be 100 percent era accurate.
Old 12-26-2021, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Cats riding horses on the moon.

Luclin was Reddit before Reddit.