Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 11:25 AM
Aviak

Default Protip: Carry pumice stones

This is something I learned from my time on Tallon Zek but is quite useful here on blue.

Ever needed to train to zoneline in Unrest when a ghoul roots you, resulting in instant death? Rooted by a caster mob with adds barreling down on you? Save yourself an unnecessary death by carrying Pumice! For just 15pp this vendor bought item can save you from a whole host of nasty situations. Especially nice for classes that don't have dispel options like Warriors, but really good for everyone since you won't always have dispel memmed.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Crystallized_Pumice

It's saved me a bunch of times now and I never hear anyone talking about it. Trust me you'll be so happy when you spend just 3 plat to avoid a corpse run.

It's sold in almost every city so easy to stock up when you're banking.
Last edited by port9001; 05-30-2019 at 11:27 AM..
Old 05-30-2019, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Was a lot better when dispel wasn't so random and even better yet when they were instant cast. Not sure if they were ever instant cast on P99 though.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:43 PM
Aviak

I don't remember when they became 3 second cast. I know back when I was playing on live they were instant cast.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Ya on the Zeks golem metal wand price went from very little to through the roof when they nerfed the instant cast time.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:35 PM
Fire Giant

Pumice Stones can't be used while moving or being attacked unless you're a bard.
Non Instant Cast = Interrupted

Golem Metal Wands are what you really want for oh shit situations or anything mid combat.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:45 AM
Banned

I prefer a thurg pot or WC cap in most situations.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

(or a liz pot which is free)
Old 06-01-2019, 03:24 PM
Aviak

No doubt better options out there at higher levels or with more plat spent but for characters just starting out (I posted this in Starting Zone after all) there's not too many get out jail free cards.

I used this tip last night to escape an over pull where a ghoul rooted me. Took two charges to clear out the root unfortunately but I survived. Totally worth it.

Only thing I'm not sure about is if this tip is at all useful for a class without channeling. Due to cast time perhaps there's just no way to get it off without channeling? I don't play raw melee classes much.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by port9001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only thing I'm not sure about is if this tip is at all useful for a class without channeling. Due to cast time perhaps there's just no way to get it off without channeling? I don't play raw melee classes much.
Pretty much impossible. I use Pumice Stones on my monk while soloing at Efreeti to take the DS off of the lava elementals. I just have to stand there and click and find a string of 3 seconds where they miss the entire time if I can't hit them from a distance with it.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Closed Thread