Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 09:31 AM
Aviak

In Qeynos, these quests were nerfed shortly after launch:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Aenia_and_Behroe
http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Crate_(good)
http://wiki.project1999.com/Bard_Reports
http://wiki.project1999.com/Kwint%27s_Kwest
Old 10-30-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog:
" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."

Man if only they stuck to this, we wouldn't need this thread lol.
I gotta say, there's something INCREDIBLY unclassic about a server full of people NOT wanting to turn in things like Crushbone Belts.

Now to be clear, I'm not trying to second guess the devs on their attempt to make things classic, and even if they err on the wrong side, I truly don't care if the P99 XP you get from some quest is say 70% of what it was on live. People will absolutely still want to turn in these items, as they should because Classic!

But the sense I get from how everyone talks about this (both in-game and in the forums), is that these quests are a waste of your time and bone chips (or whatever), and if that's really true I think it's incredibly sad that we lost such a key part of classic EQ on our classic server.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Enjoy your SELECTIVELY CLASSIC experience! Enjoy being punished because you weren't amongst the tier-one speedlevelers who took advantage of BOTH increased spawn rates AND un-nerfed quest xp!
Old 10-30-2019, 11:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gotta say, there's something INCREDIBLY unclassic about a server full of people NOT wanting to turn in things like Crushbone Belts.

Now to be clear, I'm not trying to second guess the devs on their attempt to make things classic, and even if they err on the wrong side, I truly don't care if the P99 XP you get from some quest is say 70% of what it was on live. People will absolutely still want to turn in these items, as they should because Classic!

But the sense I get from how everyone talks about this (both in-game and in the forums), is that these quests are a waste of your time and bone chips (or whatever), and if that's really true I think it's incredibly sad that we lost such a key part of classic EQ on our classic server.
Example:

I turned in SIXTEEN Leatherfood Raider Caps in Neriak and got essentially nonvisible xp at level 5.

Bone Chips are the same way. You can turn in 10 stacks @ level 1 and not even get a single level.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enjoy your SELECTIVELY CLASSIC experience! Enjoy being punished because you weren't amongst the tier-one speedlevelers who took advantage of BOTH increased spawn rates AND un-nerfed quest xp!
I thought u quit and went back to classic wow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
true.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

I guess I understand from their point of view of increased spawn timers just put more pressure on those turn ins.. Wonder if people are hoarding these things to lvl alts in the future if they turn the xp back on
Old 10-30-2019, 02:41 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Has there been an official statement on it yet? Feels weird to have such an impactful change with no communication. With spawn frequency back to normal, it should return to original state? Who knows.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:43 PM
Kobold

Mobs still spawn faster, I believe they are at 60% increase
Old 10-30-2019, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

I've got so many quest turn-ins saved up, I had to make alts just to hold them all!
Old 10-30-2019, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Deputy Tagil is useful for the money. you either get an item that sells for 3 c, something that sells of 2s or sometimes a potion that sells for 1 plat 1 gp
Closed Thread