Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 06:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Will Exp Quests ever go back to normal?

Just curious. Folks are spread out now.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:37 AM
Large Bat

I’m wondering the same thing.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

All normal exp quests seem fine to me besides the level 1 exploity ones. Fangs, belts, etc seem insanely level skipping good
Old 11-26-2019, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All normal exp quests seem fine to me besides the level 1 exploity ones. Fangs, belts, etc seem insanely level skipping good
Bone chips were not classic last I checked. They aren't giving much at all.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

This is a tough one. On the one hand ... CLASSIC! Isn't that supposed to be what Green/Teal is all about? Not turning in the most popular quests is very un-classic.

But ... of course so was increased spawn rates on launch. Clearly we don't want people shooting up in level, especially if those quest gave unclassic XP in the first place. And keep in mind, plenty of people probably have stacks of those items saved up in case the nerf is removed.

Personally I'd just like to see a compromise. The current nerfed XP is clearly unclassic, but original Blue levels probably were too. Just split the difference, make the quests give good XP ... but not "crazy shoot up in levels" good, and we'll be classic(-ish) without people getting insane levels from such quests.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Kaladim Bone Chip quest could use a slight buff to make it equal to Felwithe quest, I don’t see any harm in that.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:15 PM
Kobold

Felwithe and Wolfe in Qeynos seemed ok.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Does it really matter at this point if someone uses bone chips they've been holding onto for a month to level their alt to level 12? I don't even have any or intend to level an alt for a while, but I think it would be a good thing if just so that newbs can sell bone chips for decent prices to get their starter plat. The Bone Chip trade has always been an essential part of the Classic economy.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CB Belts / Pads and DF Belts are definitely giving "normal" xp rewards.

8 belts + 4 pads @ level 13 gave me 3 yellow bubbles just last night.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Right, it is silly to keep bone chips nerfed, but to leave CB belts/pads unnerfed.

FREE THE BONE CHIPS
Closed Thread