Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 06:08 AM
Sarnak

Default HELP :) SK soloing advice, lvl 56

Greetings fellow EQ'ers!

I have a lvl 56 human SK on blue, I'd like to reach level 60 on him.
I'm looking for a steady good soloing exp spot, kinda like Dyrna in the basement of High Keep (not nesscessary as easy/good) the past last levels, just flew down there... but once I hit level 56.. it really slowed down, so much I dont find it "worth the time" anymore.

About my SK, hes pretty decent geared.
He has 36% haste, eyepatch of plunder for 20% haste buff, epic with awesome lifetap proc for soloing, fungi, Flowing thought 2, full Blood Ember set for all the clickies, and generally just high AC hp items all around.

I know its obv. better for me to team up with a shaman and duo, but im looking for just "me time" where I can advance on hes progress, but just solo.

Could anyone help?
Old 12-19-2019, 06:21 AM
Planar Protector

If you really insist on misery that is SK soloing, Lguk is solid since they have low Hp and you have undead nukes.

Personally recall soloing most of last 50s on Butcherblock docks guards. Not exactly optimal, but easy lazy camp.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

PoM rats is your one stop to 60,just bring plenty food and drink... I am getting around 5% exp per hour at 60 there... It's trivial solo, just get and use the wiki map for spawn point & pathing...

Edit: grouping with a shaman is good for what you can take on, not for exp, it's way more efficient to duo with a ranger, rogue or monk...
Old 12-19-2019, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Thanks Brut! and elwing! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

elwing, I thought of forest trash at first.. just facetank, which im sure I can handel.
But rats.. those should be snare n fearkited right?
Old 12-19-2019, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

With your gear you can almost certainly face tank... But that gonna be long downtime... Fear kite is the way, find an empty corridor, pull the rat far and fear kite, yes
Old 12-21-2019, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

You tried tar goos in WL? Or the Hole I’d say.
Old 12-21-2019, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

The jacker in neriak
Old 12-21-2019, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you really insist on misery that is SK soloing, Lguk is solid since they have low Hp and you have undead nukes.

Personally recall soloing most of last 50s on Butcherblock docks guards. Not exactly optimal, but easy lazy camp.
SK soloing isn't as bad as it used to be when you were leveling to 60. It's gotten a lot better due to no more hybrid penalty, the latest patch with the 2h dmg bonus & being on war dmg table, and access to big ratio velious weapons. I find it extremely enjoyable and relaxing, I can alternate between face tank/fear kite and hide/FD when I need to afk. Knowing where to hunt and with some added gear the xp is probably faster than most groups.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Find a solo place where you also have the ability to pick up a lfg healer +/- a 3rd leg for dps. Best of both worlds. With your gear you shouldn’t have problems.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-02-2020, 07:00 AM
Banned

Hit me up if you ever wanna duo with a shaman. Mine is 58, fungi, epic, solid gear in most other slots too.
Closed Thread