Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No they don't want bitching happening as the public face of their service. There's enough people who are irrationally resentful of DaP already, if every short tempered member in the guild was allowed to rage about getting stiffed on the forums they'd quickly have a terrible image. The majority aren't like this but they still get members like OP who goes off about getting stiffed, instead of shrugging it off professionally and keeping the reaction internal as per guild rules.
Alternative perspective: If they didn't stifle the personal expression of their members, and more people realized that there are jerks out there who are stiffing them, maybe it would happen less often. You could argue that increased naming and shaming might root out some of these less desirable elements. Is there some unfounded belief that players would stop asking for ports because some DaP members are vocal about the assholes out there? Because that simply won't happen...ports are going to be in-demand regardless of guild tag for the entirety of this project.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alternative perspective: If they didn't stifle the personal expression of their members, and more people realized that there are jerks out there who are stiffing them, maybe it would happen less often. You could argue that increased naming and shaming might root out some of these less desirable elements. Is there some unfounded belief that players would stop asking for ports because some DaP members are vocal about the assholes out there? Because that simply won't happen...ports are going to be in-demand regardless of guild tag for the entirety of this project.
The success of DaP on blue is proof of concept enough, getting stiffed by a 40+ is effectively unheard of even without naming and shaming. It would only serve to make them look like assholes, "personal expression" give me a break they are containing people with hot tempers and low self control from making their guild rep bad.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

What is with all this drama about ports.

Y’all need Jesus.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 01-05-2020, 02:17 PM
Kobold

i never tip for ports, i just put all my gear in my bag and say CR, like porting is so time consuming, takes less then 5 minute to port and med back all the mana you used, oh the horror, should be grateful when anyone gives you more then a thank you, saying thanks is a must but i wont give a cp for a port and never have
Old 01-05-2020, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Not in DAP, but the rules seem fair. Besides, why complain on a public forum? You should have immediately asked the person for a tip, if you wanted on that badly. Time spent also accrues when wasting time venting and tending to a forum post
Old 01-05-2020, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Check your logs and make sure you didn't miss a /split "Soandso shares money with the group". I do this to tip porters and they don't always see it, so I confirm they saw the split before disbanding.

-Mcoy
Wow. Awesome pro tip right here. No pun intended!
Old 01-05-2020, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i never tip for ports, i just put all my gear in my bag and say CR, like porting is so time consuming, takes less then 5 minute to port and med back all the mana you used, oh the horror, should be grateful when anyone gives you more then a thank you, saying thanks is a must but i wont give a cp for a port and never have
this guy has a trust fund
Old 01-05-2020, 02:32 PM
Kobold

If you port people as a sort of business, set the terms before completing the service.

Jack - Server First Erudite
Old 01-05-2020, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So very nearly 100% of the player base will tip for a port. OP rant isn't appropriate outside of guild forums and discussion. He got stiffed. It's rare. It's okay. Maybe OP was super fucking late to picking up the guy. Maybe we all would have stiffed OP. Maybe the level 40 has fallen on hard times. Who cares. Suck it up and port one of the other three players in your port queue. DAP is kind of all about being reputable. It's a unique guild experience focused on helping others.

Did you know that DAP players level up a guild cleric for the purpose of also provide rez services? DAP players assist with item transfers, because we uphold a trustful reputation. We might help you with that quest. It's a very alternative playstyle. Its rewarding beyond platinum compensation, or lack there of.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not in DAP, but the rules seem fair. Besides, why complain on a public forum? You should have immediately asked the person for a tip, if you wanted on that badly. Time spent also accrues when wasting time venting and tending to a forum post
That's part of the problem. It's also against the rules to ask for money, so he couldn't have done that either. He's not allowed to expect payment, and he's also not allowed to express his frustration in any public fashion when he gets outright stiffed. All so that he can perform the same function that every porter both can and gets asked to do constantly anyway. So what is exactly is the value in tagging with these guys again? Because I don't think there's a widespread fear that porters are going to screw you over, so being in a 'respected' porter guild seems relatively pointless.
Closed Thread