Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-02-2023, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

I did this grind during small spurts of downtime at work over the course of a couple days recently on a Paladin:

40-45 DL Yetis
45-51 CoM Temple
Old 02-02-2023, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crystal Cavern Geos are nice. They are level 32-37 and sometimes drop good vender loot, up to 200pp for a single sale.
Dwarves can vendor in zone as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
over the course of a couple days recently on a Paladin:

40-45 DL Yetis
45-51 CoM Temple
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2023, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
40-44 Cazic Thule temple

44-48 CoM

48-55 Hole Entrance

55-60 KC

MDS is basically useless for you now. Sell it for a reaver and narandi's lance for 55. Or, use that shaman of yours and farm for a few months to get the full pally twink kit (fungi, deepwater BP, narandi crown, CoF, and weapons).
I've got a full set up (minis fungi). I was thinking of reaver, but if I do CoM or LGuk I'm shit out of luck.

Besides the 2h dmg bonus, why is MDS useless? It's still 28/30, or 28/22 with seahorse belt
Old 02-02-2023, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got a full set up (minis fungi). I was thinking of reaver, but if I do CoM or LGuk I'm shit out of luck.

Besides the 2h dmg bonus, why is MDS useless? It's still 28/30, or 28/22 with seahorse belt
Because 1h is garbage compared to 2h. On like every class including ranger.
Old 02-02-2023, 06:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dwarves can vendor in zone as well
No, not in Crystal Caverns. They're on a different faction than Coldain. You have to increase Citizens of Froststone faction, and can only do that through quests.

(I spent a LOT of time in CC leveling up as a Paladin. I LOVE the zone.)
Old 02-02-2023, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaerhawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, not in Crystal Caverns. They're on a different faction than Coldain. You have to increase Citizens of Froststone faction, and can only do that through quests.

(I spent a LOT of time in CC leveling up as a Paladin. I LOVE the zone.)
I spent a while there on my enchanter as well, gnome illusion was enough to vendor iirc, I swear I had read somewhere that both gnomes and dwarves could use the vendors
Old 02-03-2023, 11:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spent a while there on my enchanter as well, gnome illusion was enough to vendor iirc, I swear I had read somewhere that both gnomes and dwarves could use the vendors
Well that doesn't really help a Paladin now, does it? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2023, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

Some unsolicited paladin musings...

There's a pretty good invis trick if you want to open up some more options. A Larrikan's mask can be recharged with a box of the void and a mana batteries from PoS. The box doesn't disappear so you can carry a good amount of charges with you. This gives you a fairly stable source of invis.

On that note HHK is an option if you don't mind trashing corrupt human faction—just gotta watch out for Issa, who's on the good human faction. You don't strictly need invis for HHK, but it's certainly convenient.

If I were you, I'd probably look into doing epic or nature's defender quest. They look fun and you'd get some good mileage out of the weapons before you upgrade.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaerhawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well that doesn't really help a Paladin now, does it? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure Dwarves can be Paladins, I don't believe+faction song/spells are required to vendor there, just being a gnome/dwarf is enough.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Pretty sure Dwarves can be Paladins, I don't believe+faction song/spells are required to vendor there, just being a gnome/dwarf is enough.
It's possible. Normally Velious doesn't care about old world factions/races/deities, but there are a few exceptions. Characters who follow Rallos Zek as their diety are doubious to Giants instead of threatening. So perhaps something similar applies for dwarfs, either race or diety. My guess would be diety actually, I assume Brell? I don't think there are any examples of race adjusting faction in Velious.

My Ogre, Troll, and Iksar were all dubious to the dwarfs down there. Luckily my monk can sneak sell at least.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-03-2023 at 08:17 PM..