Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 02-18-2023, 07:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Cleric - Seeking Suggestions for Undead Soloing 58-60

While working from home I've been entertained by playing a new character, a Cleric, and I've been exclusively soloing undead monsters so far from 1-58 at so-called "dad camps". It has been surprisingly efficient, and I enjoy the straightforward play style along with the story line I've imagined for my character.

I would like to push to 60 by doing more of the same, however, I've for the first time found myself at a loss for a spot to continue smiting undead at...

My knowledge of the game world is limited despite playing for a long time as this is now my highest character. I've come up empty on the P99 wiki and forum searches, but admittedly I'm probably overlooking something obvious. Would anyone be able to suggest a good spot to continue leveling at?

My preference would be to be able to safely AFK and kill something every 6-10 minutes to get exp from 58-60. My requirement is that the monsters are undead. I'm currently in Lower Guk, but I'm feeling a bit too froggy now.

For reference, and in case any other Clerics want to see my path so far, here's where I've struck down some skeletons.

1-9 - Field of Bone and Butcherblock Mountains. I preferred Field of Bone as I found there to be a higher concentration of skeletons for these early levels However, and as I was a High-Elf, I did spend some time in Butcherblock as well.

10-24 - Kurns Tower and Unrest. In Unrest, I first parked in the courtyard by the waterfall. I then moved into the haunted house off the side porch and it's safe to sit behind the counter on the right. When I was in Kurns, it felt less dangerous than Unrest. I would just move wherever, sit down, and kill for a while.

24 - 32 - Rathe Mountains. There is a haunted tower and undread ruins near each other not too far from the zone line. I started at the tower, and I would just single pull the giant skeleton. I then moved to the ruins (right next to tower) and from a single spot you can safely pull 3 different monsters.

33 - 39 - First Floor of Tower of Frozen Shadow. From just inside the entrance, you can pacify and pull the mini-Spectres and skeletons in the little pit. Additionally, you can go left, and pacify pull the 3 skeletons in that room and there's another at the end of the hallway. When the key holder Gnoll would spawn, I wasn't able to kill it and I would swap to another character I had camped there, kill it, and then resume my grind on my Cleric. Level 2 is a deathtrap.

39 - 51 - Feerrott. Nothing new here. I started with the single Spectre outside as it seemed to give me less resists than any of the inside ones. I think #3 inside was my preferred single though as I could safely med/afk as well as root/nuke and loot without moving. If I was playing more active, and also when I got higher, I could handle multiple Spectres. I stayed until 51 because it was easy and the money is good.

52 - 57 - Dreadlands and Lower Guk. You can fight skeletons at the Wizard Portal area in Dreadlands. Some stay blue at least until 55, can certainly start there at 49 and maybe earlier. I would jump between there and Lower Guk in the low-50s. However, I've spent most of my time in Lower Guk. There's a lot of areas you can clear with pacify and then just sit down and get into a groove of killing a monster every 6-10 minutes when they respawn which works well for work from home. However, at 58 most things now seem to all con green or require a more active play style that I can't commit to most of the time, but I might be missing a spot down there that I could continue at?

Anyone got some ideas for 58-60?
Old 02-18-2023, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

You could do Howling Stones to 60 probably. Good XP and lots of undead. There are living monsters mixed in though.
Old 02-19-2023, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

You may also be able to do Chardok by factioning up and killing single skeletons. With Chardok's low agro radius and lull, you may be able to pull it off. Not sure if those mobs would be too hard for a solo cleric, but food for thought. Those mobs are definitely still blue even at 60.

Hole may work as well. Not too familiar with the zone, but there are ghosts and skeletons there.
Old 02-19-2023, 04:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could do Howling Stones to 60 probably. Good XP and lots of undead. There are living monsters mixed in though.
So, this is just a ploy to get another Cleric camped in HS to resurrect you players with death wishes, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may also be able to do Chardok by factioning up and killing single skeletons. With Chardok's low agro radius and lull, you may be able to pull it off. Not sure if those mobs would be too hard for a solo cleric, but food for thought. Those mobs are definitely still blue even at 60.

Hole may work as well. Not too familiar with the zone, but there are ghosts and skeletons there.
I'll look into these, thank you.
Old 02-19-2023, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooboredtoquit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, this is just a ploy to get another Cleric camped in HS to resurrect you players with death wishes, right?
Lol is my plan that transparent?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooboredtoquit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll look into these, thank you.
Np.
Old 02-19-2023, 06:26 PM
Fire Giant

Lguk ghoul lord room
Old 02-19-2023, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

I did about half of 59 vs the plaguebone champions (and the other greater plaguebones were often high green) at the ruins (and near the vp key dude) on #5 in dreadlands.

It's garbage xp, the champion mobs have way too many hp, and sometimes while you're medding a bard comes and pulls the ruins and you have to wait 20+ mins for the kite to die so you run over and rez people fighting around kc.

In other words - perfect cleric solo spot.

-Mcoy
Old 02-19-2023, 10:29 PM
Aviak

Turnkey or somewhere else in KC basement, most are blue to 60, some of the prisoners are exp green (Safe spot at the stairs right before the spawns)

Foreman and solo marines in OT maybe, easier during night when the dragons are out patrolling.
Old 02-20-2023, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

KC basement. Theres a safe room. Lull out singles.
Old 02-20-2023, 11:21 AM
Banned

HS is filled with solo Necros and Enchanters who would probably love to duo with a Cleric.

And clicky rez is a god send in that zone.

But if you wanna solo there, I'd message someone inside to make sure that entrance is clear. Because it can be a pain to break into sometimes.