Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 06:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Class choice advice new player

Hi all I am just starting out here and would appreciate some advice:
Back in the day my main was a Druid and I loved it, the abilities and play style suited me. The one draw back, and it was significant, was that almost all classes were preferred in groups and raids over druids.

Are druids still commonly seen this way? Would I have trouble grouping?

I used to enjoy charming and so thought enchanters might be fun. I'd try a bard but it's too much button-ing or me.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:04 PM
Aviak

If you think you'll spend more time soloing, druid is a fine class to play--but like on live, druid isn't the master of any one thing, and is often out shined by other, more narrowly-focused classes.

I mained a druid on live, so this time around I rolled both a wizard and a cleric, opting to play the more narrowly-focused classes. I had a ton of fun on my cleric, when I had time to play for more than an hour. I played the wiz when I either didn't have time to group, or needed to be afk. The wiz was still fun, but a little underwhelming. I couldn't help but notice the cleric nukes being on par or better (undead) than wiz nukes while leveling up, while still being able to buff and heal! Ports are still great, but finding a port is not too difficult on this server.

As to the charming point, enchanters are definitely king. That playstyle is a lot of fun, but can also be very stressful and frustrating when the RNG gods are not in your favor, or your health is low and you have no way to improve your regen.

Good luck!
Old 04-25-2017, 12:05 PM
Aviak

And yes, druids are still not very desired in groups. I see most druids either solo or duo. Clerics seem to be most desired in the raid scene.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobenroby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back in the day my main was a Druid and I loved it, the abilities and play style suited me. The one draw back, and it was significant, was that almost all classes were preferred in groups and raids over druids.
It's so classic here that drawback is still valid. Unfortunate, but that's definitely the overall vibe you're gonna get here. I think the only class that gets less (or even close to as few) group offers would be wizards.

I've seen necros get picked up for healers before druids here. It's not all the time, It's not everyone, but that's the mindset in general.

Edit: As far as raiding, l60 druids get passed around like a POTG blunt.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Last edited by Darkatar; 04-25-2017 at 12:28 PM..
Old 04-25-2017, 01:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the replies folks. I'm trying a bard at the moment. I might roll a chanter.
Currently hanging out in BB for gnoll fangs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Went to EC for the first time - awesome to see it in action again!
Old 04-27-2017, 05:46 AM
Fire Giant

Druids are used as healers a ton in Mistmoore, but post 40 you are likely going to be quadding or charming more often than not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's so classic here that drawback is still valid. Unfortunate, but that's definitely the overall vibe you're gonna get here. I think the only class that gets less (or even close to as few) group offers would be wizards.

I've seen necros get picked up for healers before druids here. It's not all the time, It's not everyone, but that's the mindset in general.

Edit: As far as raiding, l60 druids get passed around like a POTG blunt.
A Druid is nice with a shaman. You don't really need CHeal at this point and excess mana can be used for nukes(which might not be wizard level but they are still strong) and frees up mana for other spells which lessen the burden for the shaman(and since I'm talking leveling here I'm working with the assumption the shaman does not have torpor yet).

While minmax culture is strong here on the forums I find the people actually playing are more relaxed with invites(even more so if you are in a guild). On p99 everyone have better gear that most ever had on live and things which were considered hard content really has become fairly trivial on p99.

Of course you will still meet people who solely focus on getting maximum EXP to get to 60 but least in my experience, those are in the vast minority. Indeed, while people like to give AW/AM a lot of shit, I've had good experiences with them leveling up. Their competitive nature tend to show more with raids(duh!). Again, as with any guild there are a few amazingly tryhardy peeps there too. #notallAMAW
Closed Thread