Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 10:00 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Child's tear question

If I've already got max faction, turned in the 3 books from lord Ghiosik... Can I literally just assemble a fear raid together to go and loot my Tear ? Once I get the tear, I can go straight to Lord Rak'Ashiir and kill him after I turn in my tear ? What's the use in the MQ if you already have maxed faction? Then at the bottom of pond I turn in the scale and get my epic correct ?
Old 02-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Kobold

pretty sure golems are highly contested but yea everything you said is correct
Old 02-21-2017, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Point of buying it MQ is that its highly contested and will be almost faster to just farm and buy it.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:17 PM
Fire Giant

Another point you're missing, everyone involved in the turn-in (whether solo or MQ) needs max faction... that's not something you can skip by buying an MQ.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I have max faction so I would need to find someone also who has max faction for the MQ? Is that what you're saying ? Is basically someone else has to turn in the tear ? I'm a bit confused by that post. If I have max faction can I not just loot the tear and turn it in myself? I'm basically paying for convenience from what I understand? Or does the MQer I'm paying have to be almost done with the entire quest? Killed Ghiosik, high scale kirn and Neh ashiir??? Because the quest reads as if you can't skip any parts due to the fact of the next step needing an item from the previous. It's very murky what exactly has to happen.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreetus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I've already got max faction, turned in the 3 books from lord Ghiosik... Can I literally just assemble a fear raid together to go and loot my Tear ? Once I get the tear, I can go straight to Lord Rak'Ashiir and kill him after I turn in my tear ? What's the use in the MQ if you already have maxed faction? Then at the bottom of pond I turn in the scale and get my epic correct ?
The MQ does nothing to change the need for having max'd faction. Both the MQ seller handing in the tear as well as you, the MQ buyer MUST have max'd your TrueSpirit faction. The entire Shaman Epic Quest is exclusively about faction. You can repeat the first bit of the quest ad nauseam until you are max factioned with TrueSpirit, then hand in the tear in CoM and do final fight (or have someone else on max faction hand it in).

The point of buying the MQ - as some have already explained - is that the Golems in PoFear are super contested. Also, the Iksar Broodling doesn't always spawn after a Golem dies. So if you want to avoid having to purchase an MQ you will need to be with a raid force/guild that can reliably contend for the Golems in Fear and then be there to loot the tear. Depending on your guild-situation it might just be faster for you to grind out the pp and buy the MQ.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevilshute [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depending on your guild-situation it might just be faster for you to grind out the pp and buy the MQ.
Which only encourages the filthy greedy neckbeards to loot tears and sell for MQs.

Sadly it's true. They have such a grip on the golems now that you will NEVER loot the tear yourself, unless you too are a filthy greedy neckbeard that is in such a guild.

That's why being a shaman sucks on this server.

Either you spend millions of hours farming plats to pay a filthy neckbeard for your epic and for torpor, or you have to turn into a filthy neckbeard just so you can actually loot a tear and torpor yourself.

GL on getting a tear!
Old 02-25-2017, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They have such a grip on the golems now that you will NEVER loot the tear yourself, unless you too are a filthy greedy neckbeard that is in such a guild.
I'm in a casual raiding guild. I went to about 5 fear raids before I got my tear. I did have to spend 120k on torpor though....But I've made that back easily.
As for farming plat, I only do that on off peak hours when I'm waiting for my friends to log in. 500-1k a day adds up, and I can get that in 30-60 minutes while eating breakfast.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in a casual raiding guild. I went to about 5 fear raids before I got my tear. I did have to spend 120k on torpor though....But I've made that back easily.
As for farming plat, I only do that on off peak hours when I'm waiting for my friends to log in. 500-1k a day adds up, and I can get that in 30-60 minutes while eating breakfast.
Honestly what some consider casual to others isn't so casual.

I don't think the shaman class is for anyone that considers themself a casual, unless they really plan to invest months on top of months, maybe even years to advance their character to the top of it's ceiling gearwise and spellwise.

I have a 55 shaman, and honestly just felt defeated by that point. The idea of exactly how much money I would need to pour into someone's pockets discouraged me greatly.

If I have a 60 shaman, I want torpor, and I would want other spells and the epic too. Most likely I'd have to pay for all of these things and for me the time investment simply wasn't worth it in my mind to carry on further.

Maybe if I truly loved the shaman, I'd feel motivated to push on with him, but I didn't love him that much.

I know a guy that played a shaman for ages, literally took him 2-3 years for him to get lvl 60, his epic, torpor, and all his other spells. He did not play to raid, and so everything he gained he had to pay with money he farmed at seafuries.

Actually, I don't know what happened to this guy, because I no longer see him logged in anymore haha. Maybe after he got all of what he wanted he quit?

Anyway, my point is it takes a lot of dedication to gear a shaman out particularly if you are not in a fairly organized raiding guild.

GL OP with your tear.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

Farming plat at seafuries is enough to make most people quit. I don't know why people torture themselves with toxic environments...
Closed Thread