Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 07:25 PM
Fire Giant

On this top-heavy server, the time to get the shaman epic done was before the Fear revamp. The MQ for the tear was dirt cheap, relatively speaking. It was much cheaper than getting a JBB, assuming you did all your faction work for the last turn-in. It was even cheaper than the JBB assuming you paid a Druid to help max your faction with the teleport Butcherblock / Freeport scam.

That time window is done. Not much to suggest as it's a lot harder to obtain with the adjusted spawn times of the target, with far more competition. Myself, I'm currently leveling a character class in a casual manner with an end quest that is a lot easier to complete. Less disappointment that way.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On this top-heavy server, the time to get the shaman epic done was before the Fear revamp. The MQ for the tear was dirt cheap, relatively speaking. It was much cheaper than getting a JBB, assuming you did all your faction work for the last turn-in. It was even cheaper than the JBB assuming you paid a Druid to help max your faction with the teleport Butcherblock / Freeport scam.

That time window is done. Not much to suggest as it's a lot harder to obtain with the adjusted spawn times of the target, with far more competition. Myself, I'm currently leveling a character class in a casual manner with an end quest that is a lot easier to complete. Less disappointment that way.
This is exactly my sentiment too. ^^^

I remember when shaman epics were very cheap a while back. I quit, came back to game after velious had been patched in and other changes too, and suddenly the tear is 60k or more? I was shocked.

I am pretty sure I recall it being less than 30k for sure, which is not too outlandish. But, 60k now?

I don't think it's a matter of spawn times hurting it, I think it's a matter of greedy people bottlenecking the tear to sell for MQ more than anything.

I am not going to mention guilds but I know for a fact one guild which advertises itself as "casual" that will gobble the tears up any chance they get as I seen it with my own eyes while being in that guild.

They didn't need it, did not give the tear to anyone to use, instead banked it for MQ.
I just wonder how many of these tears they have, as I left that guild shortly after this.

I understand why people are greedy and enjoy making plats but sometimes the way they go about it just puts a bad taste in my mouth.

That's pretty much why I don't care for raid guilds on this server. There's just way too much greed and disregard for other players on the server, and this is magnefied when the loots start revolving around MQuestable epic drops or other high end items that can be sold for plats.

I realize the server can't be a utopia, but ffs the greed is on a whole other level once you get to 50-60 lvl, and start seeing how pixel-crazed some players are.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:14 AM
Fire Giant

Well, people spent 5 years on this forum romanticizing the unstunnable Ogre Shaman soloing WW dragons.

So everyone rolled a shaman.

For each new tear, another 50 shaman hit raiding levels. And the cycle repeats.

If you want to feel better about your situation, A tear + torpor together doesn't cost even close to a Green Dragon Scale (WAR) or White Dragon Scale (BRD).

So yeah, real sorry your epic is buyable. Must be rough. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:17 AM
Kobold

I'm in the camp of those that didn't get around to doing it pre-revamp. My shammy was lvl 36 at the time and I had sorta soured on him. I knew eventually I wanted it for sure and just didn't really grasp the implications of waiting. Now I'm all about playing him again and while I could wait for it to become my turn in getting a tear I guess it's fairly likely that I'll farm the plat and just buy it.

Forgetting the old price I don't think 60k for the final piece of an epic (that is otherwise ridiculously easy in comparison to many others) is that bad. I know that might rub some people the wrong way and it does take the glitter off of the experience a bit to buy your way to epics like that but that's just the world we live in with a server this old.

Also, at least they nerfed the epics so we don't have lvl 5 twinks running around with epics equipped anymore. That got me bothered something awful.

I firmly believe, that if you have the patience and you are in a (even semi-serious) raiding guild then eventually you will get the tear if you focus on it. It's not like the golems are killed by the same guild every time.

You want to get an epic, while not being in a raiding guild and not putting in 10-20 hours a week? Well you're in luck, you can sit on Seafury Island and grind pp whenever you have the time and eventually you will have enough money to buy the tear.

EQ - to me - was always about rewarding the dedicated players - almost exponentially. I just don't think it's reasonable to complain that you can't get an epic if you only play once or twice a week and one to two hours at a time. Sorry but the epics were meant as just that, EPIC rewards.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Aviak

just pray for pantheon to be released. This server is stuck in its old ways.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

I have a 38/39 level Shaman and I've recently lost interest in playing the character. I just know the more I use him, the more I'll want to get my epic and eventually, Torpor. And I just don't feel like spending the rest of my days playing and collecting 200K for these items.

I'm sure at some stage in my life I'll log him in again and use raise his level but mid-50's is the most I see myself using him.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Kobold

The shaman epic, while it has increased in price, is still a very good buy for the money! When you look at the stats, the clickie and what it enables you to do, 60k is cheap! Yes it sucks to not be able to raid fear and get it, but it's not gonna change sadly.
If you join a guild, even a more casual one, you have a chance at golems and torpor, this is the best way. Save up all the while though, just incase! I don't think the epic is overpriced due to the toughness to get and how awesome it is. It's just how it is on this server.
My guild managed to get every shaman their epic via fear raids before the change. Since then we have only got a couple. It sucks, but it won't change. Go camp some loots, group in some dungeons and have fun while making pp to buy the epic.

Also - There's way better ways to make pp than seafuries! Especially as a shaman whose at the levels where they are farming for epic or torpor or w/e. I hate how people think the only way to make pp is seafuries. It's boring, heavily contested and brings out the worse in some people.
If you farm for epic pp at seafuries I can see why you get a bad view of high end eq as high end players! There's a lot of cool people and cool guilds out there!
Old 03-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Kobold

Also - you don't need 200k as a sham for epic/torpor.
Join a guild!!!!
If you join a guild, help people, raid etc etc then you will get these things via the guild and won't have to farm for hours for pp!
You will spend way more time farming pp for epic and torpor, than you would spend time raiding to earn the same stuff via a guild!
Old 03-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cillaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also - There's way better ways to make pp than seafuries! Especially as a shaman whose at the levels where they are farming for epic or torpor or w/e. I hate how people think the only way to make pp is seafuries. It's boring, heavily contested and brings out the worse in some people.
If you farm for epic pp at seafuries I can see why you get a bad view of high end eq as high end players! There's a lot of cool people and cool guilds out there!
Care to elaborate?
Old 03-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Cillaz is right. Golems are going to be contested for a long time because of AoN's and puppet strings. Raid guilds burn through a lot of plat for recharges every week too which epic MQs help pay for. Join a guild or start farming plat if you want your epic.
Closed Thread