Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 05:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FWIW-for anyone who wants to argue CHA is vital: If you are lull splitting camps on a cleric as your sole means to pull, make better groups. If you're worried about low CHA, it's really easy and cheap to carry around a crude stein and loot a frozenstone stein from CC to instantly bump up 25 pts in CHA for lull-pulling.

Worlds cheaper than having a higher CHA and trying to buy +STA +STR +WIS items from EC resellers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And I definitely echo the earlier sentiments of small races being able to use 'gnome vision' as positively the most useful racial attribute ever. And it works both indoor and outdoor unlike shrink! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tend to use lulls more to pull mobs from outside of line of sight (critical resist) than I do for actually splitting. Most groups can handle a couple of adds or have a better way of splitting.

Soloing it can be better to use snare/root zone/camp to acquire a single mob anyway.

Beyond this, Pacify is useful for trying to bypass see invis mobs, which can often be better handled with sneak (Halfling) or, erm, connection issues...
Old 03-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or, erm, connection issues...
GENIUS!
Old 04-04-2017, 05:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dark elf for snare cultural neck + robe + Hide.

Personally I found my DE cleric massively overpowered when hide was OP as shit. Being able to snare was epic, combined with donals BP for doing stuff.
You forgot to add that Dark elf has best Night Vision in game
Old 04-06-2017, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Min max would be a robe wearer of any kind.

Normal person choose race u will most enjoy.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoesha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You forgot to add that Dark elf has best Night Vision in game
I don't think that's particularly relevant as long as P99 uses the Titanium client. My night-blind Barbarian can see just fine anywhere he goes.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So not only go dorf, make sure your religion aligns with the cultural armor. Win at EQ.

Personal choice : halfling female. The plate pointy hat is a thing of absolutely beauty and worth +50 fashion quest points. Plus sneak is neat.
You left out the Halfling +5% XP bonus. Easy to dismiss at level 60, but very nice until then.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Halfling >= dwarf > the rest
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-07-2017, 06:04 AM
Planar Protector

Whats so great about dwarfs? The beer?

As much as I like halflings, my static rerolled a Halfling to dark elf. Its working out well. People dismiss the snare, and if you don't click it is admittedly useless, but I've clicked that damn neck a hell of a lot.

Is the improved funquestfun for humans of innoruuk worth sacrificing hide for? With Paineel they have access to a few fun quests as well as the snare neck line.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Dwarfs have best stats and cultural armor short of wearing bis robe at end game they are a great choice.

I would never roll dark elf because so many cities I can't enjoy.

But otherwise they are a great pick.

You really can't lose. Erudite probably the overall worst pick here.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Dwarfs have best stats and cultural armor short of wearing bis robe at end game they are a great choice.

I would never roll dark elf because so many cities I can't enjoy.

But otherwise they are a great pick.

You really can't lose. Erudite probably the overall worst pick here.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread