Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 10:08 AM
Aviak

Default Druid Recharm in Close Quarters

Hello,

I've been doing a good amount of charming on my Druid. In outdoor zones recharming is not bad since you can snare and run away to recharm. What is the best strategy to recharm animals in tighter quarters? I've been face tanking and hoping for the best and it has worked out reasonably well so far but I'd like to hit Kedge soon and not sure what the best way to do this is.

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2017, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

You can do the 3 minute root before you charm (if you are high level enough), so you will at least be safe from early breaks.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:01 AM
Banned

Melee push is a bit exaggerated underwater. Box yourself into a corner so you don't fail a channeling check on charm break.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

When I was hunting gators in Cazic Thule (technically outdoors but in a confined space) I would always snare both the mob I'm charming and its opponent, and keep SoW up. That way even if the mob broke charm, and even though I didn't have a ton of room, I could usually move away and have enough time to recast charm.

Also, as Caiu said, corners are your friend (even when not underwater). My druid was missing half his gear slots (and had garbage for the rest) but even so if root broke and I couldn't recast before getting attacked I could almost always still recast it (before getting killed) by moving to a corner and taking a few hits while casting.

Oh, and I would usually root the non-charmed mob also, so that if charm broke I only had one mob to deal with.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-12-2017 at 12:17 PM..
Old 04-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Aviak

Ok thank you all for the feedback. I've been utilizing most of those strategies about being in a corner and snaring both mobs. Makes me feel better that I wasn't "missing" something. It's just so much easier on an enchanter to stun, mez, then recharm. Alligators have been great awesome experience.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzy12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alligators have been great awesome experience.
Yeah I loved them too ... so much that I wrote two guides in the wiki for them (Cazic Thule Alligator Pit and Cazic Thule Alligator Alley) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Kobold

I would use the lowest lvl fear a lot on charm breaks. If you're in an outdoor zone its the way to go, in the gator tunnel get good at estimating the max distance the fear will last. Fear also makes 2 similar monsters close together go into flee mode.

In kedge this doesn't work, charming there is about positioning.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Keep the NPC you arent charming snared/rooted. Once your pet breaks, root it, charm it, then cancel magic (to remove the root). I duo'd the seahorses (for epic piece) and pretty much utilized this technique down in kedge.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Use level 5 root it last 45 seconds instead of the 3 min root wasting charm duration
Old 04-13-2017, 12:13 PM
Aviak

Thank you all very much! Loramin you did a great job I have been using both and they were extremely helpful! I will give the fear and the 45 second root a chance and see how it goes!
Closed Thread