Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 04:45 AM
Orc

Default Can I loot Black Dire pelt out of order for SHM epic?

Hi, never did an epic, but I'd like to get the boots and shield upgrade for starting the quest and they seem "fairly" easy, i.e. no raids needed.

My question is, can I head to mistmoore and try to find a group killing there and get that black dire pelt?

I suppose that my follow up question is, do people kill him? He appears to be pretty beefy from the description https://wiki.project1999.com/Black_Dire . I fought at MM castle entrance in my late 30s and I don't think we could have taken such a hard hitter.

Thanks for the help!

Fenna, 43 Barbarian Shaman
Old 04-18-2017, 07:36 AM
Sarnak

I tend to solo him for peeps from time to time long as Advisor is up to pop him. Send me tell Ingame sometime and can get for u. <Retllon>
Old 04-18-2017, 07:37 AM
Orc

If the Black Dire is up yes you can.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:10 AM
Sarnak

The black dire is much higher level than most groups in MM would be capable of killing so the pelt doesn't rot often.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:00 AM
Fire Giant

The Shaman epic is a pure faction grind so you can do it in any order you like - a lot of people do one piece repeatedly til they get max faction and then proceed directly to the Rak'Ashiir fight and final handin. And those boots are soooooooo sweet!

Agree tho you're going to need some higher level help on the Dire.

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 04-18-2017, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure you can loot him whenever, but I would not recommend trying to turn his pelt in unless you've completed the first parts of the quest. I'm pretty sure that if you don't have enough faction when you turn in the pelt you'll lose it (though I've never actually tried it).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

You do want to get a decent group to take out Black Dire. You want to have at least 2-3 55+ melee classes and a 55+ healer class to be sure the job gets done.

Easiest way is post it in the forums that you need help with Black Dire with the date and time and people will come...
Old 04-20-2017, 01:12 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do want to get a decent group to take out Black Dire. You want to have at least 2-3 55+ melee classes and a 55+ healer class to be sure the job gets done.

Easiest way is post it in the forums that you need help with Black Dire with the date and time and people will come...
Oh! I did not know a 55+ group was needed!
Old 04-21-2017, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh! I did not know a 55+ group was needed!
Read the Black Dire description and profile page and let me know if you take a group of 30+ to take him on... I want to see the bloody rampage from the big, bad wolf... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-21-2017, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read the Black Dire description and profile page and let me know if you take a group of 30+ to take him on... I want to see the bloody rampage from the big, bad wolf... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^

BD is one of the few epic parts that people on the forums are glad to help with. Its an easy stop for any of the FQers and gives them a reason to log on for 10 mins.

Make a post when you know advisor is up and people will show up.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Closed Thread