Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a first character on a server and completely new to EQ, yeah, 9p at level 9 is a lot. I don’t buy that for most people tho. On any character you could have 10p to spare if you did any research on quests and such in any starting area. Even Halas area has white bear pelts people want and will pay for, those drop from lv 2 bears.

When I first started I figured out what could be done pretty quick to accumulate plat at a low level.
Some people on the server get enjoyment from the game without trying to min/max everything, including how much plat they are making.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOrkish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How the fuck are there always thread about this? It's not rocket science. 1pp per level is the "standard". If you can't afford it, speak on it. I tip anywhere from 20-70pp for a port depending on how my pocketbook is looking. If I'm low on funds, I let them now. Never once have I ever had someone gripe that I didn't tip well enough. Seriously makes me question the character of these individuals getting screamed on by porters.
It's also not rocket science to understand that giving what you can afford to someone who is asking for just that, is very far from the type of character you are describing.

If you're the type of person to offer ports for a random tip amount, what type of person are you to expect more than any given amount?

There are no written standards for this that players can religiously abide by, so trying to impose your own personal rules on others that may not be in the position to afford this, is quite unfair.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or you can send a tell saying will tip x amount for port from A to B. The porter will accept or decline.
Ex. “Hey, would you mind porting me from NK to BB, I will Pay you 5pp (insert excuse here ).”

- after this sentence apparently only a rocket scientist could come up with, within seconds you will know if you are getting a port from said Druid AND you will have eliminated all ambiguity bc they will next do 1 of 3 things.

1) Druid says “sure, On my way!” Or “sure, I have two ports ahead of you’”
2) Druid says “sorry, that tip is too small (or some rude remark in which is great RNF mat).
3) Silence

If you are polite and use the setup above I guarantee within asking 3 druids you will have your port. And all parties will have already agreed upon your cheapass rate and no one will get butthurt. Be wary of tipping like a cheapass consistently though as your deeds may spread. Hope this helps.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:03 AM
Kobold

I am happy to get what ever the person pays. I don't set prices so I can't get mad if you pay less than i think you should. I also will add you to my /ignore list if you don't tip at all.

If you tip well i encourage you to PM me even when my tag is down because i will drop a quad in a heart beat for a good repeat customer.

I wont take a tip from a low level that you can tell isn't twinkled. I also buff them to the max.

I cast group SOW no matter what followed by the port. I load the destination prior to going to get them for less down time. I always regen anyone not at full health and necros if I am certain by just looking.

I don't do hammer hill pick ups and I don't do skyfire ramp pickups. I have been offered insane amounts to break this rule and have done so but I don't offer that in tells. Simply "sorry not bound there"

I am fine will smaller tips if Crack is included. I will also port for no tip and not /ignore if asked to up front.

I seldom get bad tips 1pp per level or 50pp if above 50 is just fine and dandy. My favorite is when give the option of a cash value or an unnamed item. I love surprises.

I even like gold because banking for me is easier than you.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

I've had a silent policy for rezzes that is basically "whatever you stick in the trade window" - and I think I'm going to have to do away with it. Maybe at least the silent part.

1) No one brings me booze, bandages, or symbol reagents. (Okay, one person paid me in dots. I love you.)
2) If you're bound in a city, and you get rezzed, and you have all of 6p on you...you missed the boat there, I'm afraid. I even promised my group a cut. 500 mana for the 50% rez is a nontrivial amount. Well at least it was 1 plat for everyone. My bar was "if they tip, at least they tried" - I'm rethinking that.
3) If you don't tip well the first time, I might find myself less likely to rez you in the future.
4) I don't have to rez you. I'm doing it because I know what it's like to lose a chunk of orange off your bar for some stupid thing that happened. Show some appreciation for me undoing the stupidity that was your senseless death.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christendom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 Corinthians 9:7 - Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F718AEBB-E7D3-4AD4-A49E-56FFED9A7073.jpg (20.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-25-2020, 08:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christendom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 Corinthians 9:7 - Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
I'll translate this for you all:

Ancient Illiterate Peasants 9:7 - Do whatever the fuck you feel like, God don't give a shit.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Old 02-25-2020, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-25-2020, 10:57 PM
Sarnak

Default You can't have it both ways

I think the main problem here is people want to have it both ways.

By not stating how much they charge per port, there's the chance that some people will over pay, and they do. So in this case, porter will happily accept the extra payment and feels good about themselves. But the risk is that by not stating how much you want for your service, there are times people does not value your time and your service as much as you value them and we have the problem here.

How to fix that? Well easy, just like many people already said, just tell people how much you expected to be paid. But doing that would mean that those future "big tippers" will just pay the standard asked amount. But that's the risk for that.

You can't have it both ways.
Closed Thread