Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 12:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All of that had me thinking. How's Blue's raid scene in comparison with Green? Is it more fair and contested? Or is it being dominated by one guild? Could I expect to get raid kills even if I join a medium 3rd rank guild of normal semi-casuals who don't shit in socks and piss in bottles for 30 hours straight waiting for batphone? Or should I just not touch Blue at all unless I'm gonna apply to the #1 guild? I'd love to hear opinions from people still playing on it.
If you are in "a medium 3rd rank guild of normal semi-casuals" you can more or less forget about raid kills unless you are in an alliance with other guilds. Draft Week is a big help in that case, and you can get some raid targets for the easier epics in such a guild, but for big game you will be mostly out of luck.

The kinds of people who gravitate to Riot or Vanquish probably do have fun however, willing to drop everything to answer the batphone at any hour of the day or night, but I suppose it all depends on what your definition of fun is.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

Raiding is what you make of it. If you don't really care and log in when you can, its really fun. If you decide to go full retard and have 75% raid attendance and log in for bat phones in the middle of the night you will start to develop brain rot and become one of these forum zombies that is crying all the time.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 10-13-2021, 12:06 AM
Sarnak

I have exceptionally low Raid Attendance compared to colleagues and competition, but still got a Primal Velium weapon and I’ve been after that since 2001 on Live. You don’t have to wake up for every bat phone, in fact your guildmates would start to worry if you did. Despite what the RnF might have you believe, by and large we all want to just cooperate and play a game. There will always be exceptions, but I’m remaining optimistic that the P99 Raid Scene is a pretty positive one for someone looking to play at that level which demands large time investments.
Old 10-13-2021, 01:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have exceptionally low Raid Attendance compared to colleagues and competition, but still got a Primal Velium weapon and I’ve been after that since 2001 on Live. You don’t have to wake up for every bat phone, in fact your guildmates would start to worry if you did. Despite what the RnF might have you believe, by and large we all want to just cooperate and play a game. There will always be exceptions, but I’m remaining optimistic that the P99 Raid Scene is a pretty positive one for someone looking to play at that level which demands large time investments.
So compared to the no lifers you have 'low' raid attendance which means you have unhealthy high raid attendance. Your guildmates also do not worry if you make every batphone, they in fact encourage this behavior by awarding you cryptocurrency (DKP). The raid scene is only positive for the top guild. For every other guild, it's a giant exercise in futility, and once you get fucked over a few times you start seeing ghosts (cheating, GM favoritism, ect, ect) because you realize how much time you have wasted for no reward.

It's sickening that "tracking" exists on a time-locked server. Naggy hasn't lived for more than 15 minutes for the entire 10+ years Blue has been in existence, let that sink in.

But without the Have and Have-nots EQ wouldn't be EQ - so sock up or shut up - it's just fun to bitch about and make fun of. If everyone has raid loot no one has raid loot AMIRITE
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 10-13-2021 at 01:21 AM..
Old 10-13-2021, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah its autistic, Congrats tho on your Primal battle axe that no one wants, hope that helps.
Old 10-13-2021, 01:58 AM
Fire Giant

So much copium in here
Old 10-13-2021, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's autistic even 6 years after we won the game, hope that helps.
Quoted for irony.
Old 10-13-2021, 06:43 AM
Sarnak

Sorry you don’t got Primals or friends lol
Old 10-13-2021, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sorry you don’t got Primals or friends lol
Even my mage has one, sorry you don't got warder loot.
Old 10-13-2021, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I started this game 4 years ago my only option was Blue. Furthest I got on it was 48... Never been to plains, never killed a dragon, never seen Sebilis or Trakanon or anything of Velious. I played super casually and mostly just messed around with low level alts because Project1999's raiding scene looked terrifying to me. I heard an obscene amount of gossip and drama and toxicity (something about Riot and AM and Tempest or whatever) so I decided to stay away.

By the time Green came out, I was familiar enough to be able to get 50 quickly, joined a small but competent guild called Lineage and then is when I became curious about raiding. I had a nice time with them, been to Hate and Sky etc. and when they disbanded around Kunark is when I continued my journey with Safe Space who I owe my Spear of Fate to. I'm happy to say I got to achieve my dreams of keying for Sebilis, farming Platehouse in Kael, doing Thurg shawl quest, killing dragons in west wastes, camping Lodi, all the fun stuff. This is when I realized the raiding scene (at least Green's) wasn't as rabidly putrid as I thought. While yes, Seal Team has caused a lot of drama, smaller guilds were still able to get a few pops, and I think as a total newcomer to EQ's post-50 I managed to achieve enough to quench my thirst.

All of that had me thinking. How's Blue's raid scene in comparison with Green? Is it more fair and contested? Or is it being dominated by one guild? Could I expect to get raid kills even if I join a medium 3rd rank guild of normal semi-casuals who don't shit in socks and piss in bottles for 30 hours straight waiting for batphone? Or should I just not touch Blue at all unless I'm gonna apply to the #1 guild? I'd love to hear opinions from people still playing on it.
I mean, it's probably similar to what goes on on the Green server. It comes down to how you define "raid kills". If you're talking about raids in general, sure you will get to do some raids. The planes, some dragons, etc.

If you're talking about the very highest end of the raid tier, then it's probably the same on both servers: expect to be contested regularly and the top guild on the server will get most of those.
Closed Thread