Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

How is it that you people forget the arguments and discussions from the various beg for luclin threads that pop up every few months?

P99 has item links, but you're all ok with that so nobody ever cries not classic on links. item links were the *Last* patch before luclin, not available at launch or thru kunark/velious.

P99 rogues move with shroud of stealth (Luclin AA), not sneak/hide. Anyone ever wonder why you can sneak past basically any mob?

Lists, rooted mobs, racing, drafts.

P99 is *NOT* a classic emulator, it is EverQuest: As envisioned by nilbog.

If the rumors about how their code was obtained are true, then TAKP is the most classic everquest experience on planet earth.

I'll be back to remind you in the next beg for luclin thread, yet again.
Old 10-14-2021, 02:10 AM
Banned

if takp didn't allow boxing I would leave this community behind and never look back
Old 10-14-2021, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if takp didn't allow boxing I would leave this community behind and never look back
yeah i never understood that mindset. as if nobody ever boxed in the "classic" era on live.

I boxed on live, and many many many others did as well. I was like 13 with 2 desktop PCs and 2 phone lines.

Multi-Boxing is 100% classic and 100% originally intended. (multi-boxers pay for multiple accounts, obviously they wanted this, otherwise the software would have locked you out after 1 login, yes this was possible in '99)

So you wanna play Solo thats it? There are plenty of people who single box on takp. There are also 3 boxers who seek out solo players for the 4th person group xp bonus.

For having alot more zones than P99, the Takp community feels tighter and closer, and alot more human. They don't put up with 10% of the shit that goes on here.

Frankly, playing 1 account is boring AF.
Old 10-14-2021, 03:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we could only get a casual MMORPG, in which dying made you want to quit the game. Maybe then I could relearn algebra in the motivation to have the best castle.

But then maybe I could feel relaxed in compared, to you all non-autists, and play classic EQ with no boxing. Or at least someone who pays in some way for multi-boxing in a still admirable way. (Maybe not. Might be fiction. Elon musk?)
Old 10-14-2021, 04:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah i never understood that mindset. as if nobody ever boxed in the "classic" era on live.

I boxed on live, and many many many others did as well. I was like 13 with 2 desktop PCs and 2 phone lines.

Multi-Boxing is 100% classic and 100% originally intended. (multi-boxers pay for multiple accounts, obviously they wanted this, otherwise the software would have locked you out after 1 login, yes this was possible in '99)

So you wanna play Solo thats it? There are plenty of people who single box on takp. There are also 3 boxers who seek out solo players for the 4th person group xp bonus.

For having alot more zones than P99, the Takp community feels tighter and closer, and alot more human. They don't put up with 10% of the shit that goes on here.

The best part about p99 and what sets it apart from every other emu server is that you can count on the fact that each character you see is a real person, not a bot on a secondary screen that no one is paying attention to.
Old 10-14-2021, 05:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best part about p99 and what sets it apart from every other emu server is that you can count on the fact that each character you see is a real person, not a bot on a secondary screen that no one is paying attention to.
How is this like at all a thing in gameplay? its 2021, we use 4k screens with 1440p windows, you can see them all at once lol.

Are you so lonely that you need to see the 100 players in EC and think to yourself, "Thats 100 real people logged on, just like me!"

Real Truth Bruh: A safe guess is that 25 of those 100 players, are boxing. One account is their legit one, thats the account that is sitting in kael, relentlessly spamming the track button, or rather, is using a programmable keyboard or keyboard script software to press that track button.

Their other account, the one that you see in EC, is connected to the server via wifi hotspot from literally ANY modern phone. What are the GMs gonna do, make everyone who logs on run figure 8s around the waterfall in unrest?

Harsh truth of the reality that devs cant admit, but i can, is that if multiboxing were rigidly enforced, they would only have a few wayward folks bothering to log on. but then it would actually be a museum. cold and empty. Why bother throwing a party if none of the cool kids will show up?

shit like RMT will get the GMs to come burn your house down, because that could make Daybreak come burn this house down.

But multi boxing? thats an ideological "MEH, we'll talk a big game, and post a few boxer ban vids on youtube, just don't be that shmuck who gets caught publicly and has to be made an example of."

Boxing is classic. I did do it in 1999, I should be able to do it in 2021.

Playing 1 account at a time is just boring, thats why i don't play p99 in any regularity anymore. Maybe you spend your downtime chatting with friends, organizing bags, tradeskilling, jerkin it or playing Everyone's favorite game within a game: Gems! Yeah, you can still do all of that with 2-3 windows up.

Me personally, I have never played more than 1 account on a p99 server. I have a sort of respect for what they are trying to do here. But when you pick and choose which classic or later or custom features you can accept, at that point you have crossed the line from a strictly canon museum server, to a custom EQ emulator. Thats what P99 is, Nilbog's Idea of EverQuest. It's not bad at all, but its not in line with their stated "mission".

tl;dr Boxing is classic. Players box on p99 servers every day.
Last edited by Trexller; 10-14-2021 at 05:24 AM..
Old 10-14-2021, 05:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Are you so lonely that you need to see the 100 players in EC and think to yourself, "Thats 100 real people logged on, just like me!"
Donatello, "He's right."
Old 10-14-2021, 05:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
tl;dr Boxing is classic. Players box on p99 servers every day.
The vast majority of p99 doesn't box and that's the best thing about the server. I'm sorry you don't like that, hopefully you find a fun server to box on.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:33 AM
Planar Protector

yeah theres plenty of places to scratch that boxing itch. I've played like every EMU. I have an 18 toon herd on EZ. MQ2 is a beautiful piece of software engineering.

P99 is a fun server for sure. If i can get into a group that wants to dungeon crawl something dangerous, I'm all about it.

TAKP has an offering thats quite different from P99, yes they're in luclin, yes PoK is open for QOL, (POP is only a few months away, anyhow)

Something has to be said about TAKP's hyper-supportive community, those folks over there are just great, im what, 2 months or so into it, and theres been 0 drama. rot loots are called in the global channel all the time, can catch the MGBs in pok, people will come rez you if you ask nicely. seems like alot of level headed individuals.

Anyone who wants to try it out can PM me for a bit of starter gear, that is, if other players don't just dump gear on you when you start (this was my experience, I did a /wtb banded armor, and a few folks just ran over and gave me stuff. a few pieces better than SS)
Old 10-14-2021, 11:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
" ... you can count on the fact that each character you see is a real person "

There are times where that very thing is disturbing.
Closed Thread