Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know, this doesn't surprise me at all. We all played eq back in teh day, grew up...some of you became computer programmers and now here we are.

I give you props for being that "dedicated" to the game.

I still die to green mobs...it is the way.
Yeah doesn't surprise me at all either. To be honest, seems like they could just make scripting legal then everyone would do it thereby negating any advantage the cheaters have.

To further elaborate on the answer to your initial question, here is a good comment from Reddit that explains it and breaks it down pretty well.

In the video you linked, here is the key moment:

https://youtu.be/g1Kq18sNPNk?t=8:08 into the video is when the race starts

If you slow playback to .25, you can see both racer ogres (Bloodeye and Stunningly) start at nearly identical times, at superhuman reaction speeds to the random dice roll (which im assuming is the trigger as to begin the race, based on the scripts you posted in the google doc) and both characters react before any other racer in the video.

Bloodeye then gets into a slight lead as it appears Stunningly clips into the wall and it puts his character behind Bloodeye (you be the judge) and it is at this point OP decided to take a screenshot of Bloodeye with the lead and claims he is cheating and has an unfair advantage.

All that can be reasonably deduced from this point is that Bloodeye (from riot) and Stunningly (from vanquish) are both cheating as they are clearly in front of the rest of the racers and both reacted at superhuman reaction speeds to the start of the race.

Then, Bloodeye (Kickenit I guess?) decides to come forward and report to the GMs that he was purposely cheating in order to prove that another racer was cheating, in this case Stunningly.

Why would Bloodeye/Kickenit come forward and admit what he was doing unless he had nothing to hide? Sure seems to me like vanquish got caught with their pants down and is now trying to take Bloodeye/Kickenit down with them.
Old 10-21-2021, 10:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Omg you mean vanquish is full of cheaters who constantly break rules and always lie about it when called out? I had no idea all this time…
I don't cheat, never have and never will.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't cheat, never have and never will.
Eat'n aint cheat'n
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 10-22-2021, 04:01 PM
Banned

how the hell do you even script on p99 lol?
Old 10-22-2021, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will say in 100% certainty that Conda created an over-lay system for his screen so that he could go to sleep while "racing", and when the pixels would change to match the target (the one he was trying to make it work for at the time was Dozekar) -- the program would automatically begin autorunning and jumping forward while blaring an alarm over his headphones. Multiple times he failed Doze races while running head first into the end of the ent hall while 100% asleep.

Jester and I sat in discord dumbfounded the guy was so dedicated to cheating. We literally banned the guy from tracking for like 3 months because he was coked out and using his program to "track" 18+ hours a day. Detoxx wouldn't let us kick him because he was "play maker" and it was getting the guild mobs.

Freedom? Renamed? Vanquish? whatever they're going by these days has been using this over-lay mandatory on all of their top-end core "racing" monks since before rooted dragons. Conda was spreading the shit around to "play makers" - It was working and functional for KT, AoW, Doze, and Vulak when I quit the game in 2017-ish.

Believe me, or don't. I don't really care. I just get linked threads and stop by every so often to expose Tony and his shady bullshit then never read his rage/spin replies.
Release the scripts as open source. Give Rog/Bog a chance to code up a response.
And yeah, P99 has had cheating of one sort or another for the last 11 years.
Old 10-22-2021, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

Simple automation is easy with something like robotjs
Closed Thread