Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 06:39 PM
Aviak

Default Should Corpse rot times be 24 hour?

I was trolling around on youtube and I found this interview done with the name himself who agrees with the statement made from min 4 to 5 that corpses only had a 24 hour timer.... check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45XrbsBt34c

I DEMAND THERE BE ACTION TO MAKE CORPSES POOF IN 24 HOURS! #Classic
Old 12-12-2019, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

We’ll see if we can get this to happen just for you

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We’ll see if we can get this to happen just for you
There are people arguing that the pet thing with mages is good because classic, so why wouldn't this fall in the same boat?
Old 12-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are people arguing that the pet thing with mages is good because classic, so why wouldn't this fall in the same boat?
I never understood why someone would create a thread with a change that was obviously never going to get implemented. Then a while ago someone brought to my attention that it was for the sake of conversation. I’m gonna to chalk this up as that.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

When you can get a rotted corpse resummoned to EC, what difference would it make other than to put more pressure on the volunteers/staff here?
Old 12-13-2019, 12:38 PM
Kobold

24 hour corpses would make PoSky unplayable by almost everyone.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

i seem to recall corpses with very few items/gear on them rotting much faster during classic period. it might have been changed at some point, though. Not really sure. Was mainly done to prevent people from putting corpses all over the place, like spelling out "fuck you verant" in the EC tunnel.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i seem to recall corpses with very few items/gear on them rotting much faster during classic period. it might have been changed at some point, though. Not really sure. Was mainly done to prevent people from putting corpses all over the place, like spelling out "fuck you verant" in the EC tunnel.
Yeah, naked corpses had short timers, like 7 minutes or whatever the low level mob timer is.
Closed Thread