Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 09:43 PM
Banned

wow what a fucking horrible opinion, some unemployed retard camping items forever to sell for real cash and it never being available to people actually playing the game is horrible

if you need money get a fucking job you fucking losers
Old 12-08-2019, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

TIL I can claim anything I can see as a camp in a dungeon!

THE MORE YOU KNOW (tm)
Old 12-08-2019, 09:49 PM
Banned

ive literally never seen a guide on teal mediate a camp dispute, so my advice is if you want something just nuke burn it and pretend the person who was already sitting there doesnt exist
Old 12-08-2019, 10:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is the only place RMT is a taboo phrase. It's literally allowed and encouraged in almost all major MMORPGs now adays like WoW (tokens), EQ (kronos), even fucking Runescape has endorsed RMT. It was equally present back in classic EQ too. Who gives a fuck if someone wants to make a few hundred dollars playing a video game or sell their shit when they leave.. Get over it. RMT moaners are about 5x worse than RMT itself. inb4 ""b bu but it hurts the gameplay since high value items get camped" oh, okay tell me more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's against the server rules, that is fine. But whining about it as if it ruins your immersion or makes the offender an evil person is pathetic. Grow a pair.
The problem with RMT is, indeed, how it negatively effects the gameplay. Such as a certain group of individuals permacamping the Earth Staff for YEARS on Blue. And that's just one item.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ive literally never seen a guide on teal mediate a camp dispute, so my advice is if you want something just nuke burn it and pretend the person who was already sitting there doesnt exist
Well on Green I've seen Galach mediate camp disputes in Crushbonre, lol.

Petitioned for one myself once and he was there 10 minutes later.

Stern, but fair, is our Lord Galach!
Old 12-08-2019, 10:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with RMT is, indeed, how it negatively effects the gameplay. Such as a certain group of individuals permacamping the Earth Staff for YEARS on Blue. And that's just one item.
There were 3-4 small groups of people monopolizing that. It takes a small team of skilled individuals to farm hate consistently. There were probably even more than 3-4 of these types of groups that emerged over time. You were never in one it seems; I wonder if that has any correlation to your social or gameplay skills.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were 3-4 small groups of people monopolizing that. It takes a small team of skilled individuals to farm hate consistently. There were probably even more than 3-4 of these types of groups that emerged over time. You were never in one it seems; I wonder if that has any correlation to your social or gameplay skills.
Oh snap get him Phatez!
Old 12-08-2019, 10:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is the only place RMT is a taboo phrase. It's literally allowed and encouraged in almost all major MMORPGs now adays like WoW (tokens), EQ (kronos), even fucking Runescape has endorsed RMT. It was equally present back in classic EQ too. Who gives a fuck if someone wants to make a few hundred dollars playing a video game or sell their shit when they leave.. Get over it. RMT moaners are about 5x worse than RMT itself. inb4 ""b bu but it hurts the gameplay since high value items get camped" oh, okay tell me more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's against the server rules, that is fine. But whining about it as if it ruins your immersion or makes the offender an evil person is pathetic. Grow a pair.
You miss the point. It's not about trading real currency for digital items to begin with. It's about the fact that since it existing gives it real value, and when people see that value they never know when to quit. So you show up, and you want an item to play with in the game, and to you that item represents its worth in game and whatever time it takes to get it, but to them, it's infinitely more valuable because it represents real money. Which means they never have enough. They never know when to quit. There is always more, more, more, and because of the difference in perceived value one is willing to go so much further and stoop so much lower in order to get what they want. It ruins the game for people who just want to play as intended. One person is playing a game, and the other person is working a job.

When they go to any lengths to get that dollar over people who are just playing the goddamn game, it doesn't make them evil, it just makes them a complete and total dick.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You heard it here folks. If you played blue and weren't part of a rule breaking, greedy, likely RMT'ing, team of farmers holding the earth staff hostage for a million plat payoff from desperate mages.... you were a BAD EQ PLAYER AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

App < Team of Seals > today!
Old 12-08-2019, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Yes it does, it shows that he obviously has more social skills than some unemployed drugees spending all their waking hours farming emu loot to RMT and fund their drug habits/pay rent.
Closed Thread