Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 10:45 AM
Aviak

report /afk non participating campers to the GM's. Llandris has posted he will happily DT them...
Old 12-19-2019, 09:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can’t disagree with statement unfortunately. We are talking Everquest in 2019. I am guilty too, but yep eq 2019, deal with it or play rise of virginity.
I disagree. There's a lot of games out there much older than EQ that people still play in 2019. Poker is one of them, or any other card game. Basketball is another, or any other sport. Some of these games haven't changed appreciably in hundreds of years.

What's the point of playing EQ or any game? For me I like the social interaction interspersed with strategic play through challenging scenarios. In many ways I find it similar to playing cards or team sports. These are things that just don't get old to me.

I don't think things need to constantly be new. I don't think that's a human attitude or a human good. I think it's an attitude that's been hammered into our heads through decades of propaganda to turn us into good little consumers. I don't think we should feel shame or guilt for playing an "old game".
Old 12-19-2019, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Nowhere on the official /list page does it say people must participate.

As stated in multiple threads, trying to define and enforce participation is a waste of CSR time. The people not participating are just going to cast burst of flame once every 30 minutes, or toss a crap buff on whoever is at camp whenever they are back checking for AFK check.

Then, what do you do about it?
Old 12-20-2019, 02:45 AM
Kobold

90% of people aren't pieces of shit so it's usually not a problem it's always one garbage human doing crap like in the op that ruin it for everyone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-23-2019, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

a.) Mannastone "camping" jboots.
b.) Mannastone "camping jboots".
Old 12-23-2019, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalystryxVoF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
report /afk non participating campers to the GM's. Llandris has posted he will happily DT them...
To be fair, nothing has stated you have to participate while you are on the list. If you are #1 then you better be the one progressing through the spawns, but if you are #5 it's no different than waiting for a non-list item while someone camps it. Apply this logic to Frenzied Ghoul. Now imagine someone coming to the camp, and seeing it's taken, and asking the person camping it if you can be next in-line when they are finished. That's all pretty standard, and not really different than being #2 on a Jboots list. Now imagine that the guy camping it warns you that if you don't fully participate in helping him clear the PHs he will contact a GM to have you DT'd. Does anything think that's even remotely acceptable? No, of course not. So why would it then be different for a /list camp?
Old 12-23-2019, 01:27 PM
Large Rat

thats the point, people have been getting #1 and not helping clear spawns. thats where the DT applies.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Your opinion or whatever abstract what if scenario you can concoct on those rules doesn't mean shit anyways. The rules also state that GM fiat is the true rule of the land, so if the GM team comes to the conclusion they need to do X, you're just gonna have to deal with it.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:16 PM
Kobold

Again this is compounded by the fact that when the boots dropped he was afk and never looted them.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again this is compounded by the fact that when the boots dropped he was afk and never looted them.
How was he successfully passing the AFK checks yet AFK when it came time to loot? That's the real question.
Closed Thread