Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-15-2023, 12:24 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default State of Server/Computer recommendation

Hello,

I have a few questions - sorry if this is not the right forum.

I played a bard on Vallon Zek from early 2000 till the Zek merger during live and have chars on all 3 of the current P1999 servers.

I haven't played in several years and have the itch to come back. Here's my questions and issues:

1. I would probably play my characters on Green or start a new one there. What's going on on the server right now succinctly?

2. I need a computer recommendation. I always played on a desktop. I need a new laptop because I'm using an old Macbook that I never gave back to my old job when I quit and I don't have an admin pw to load anything on it. I don't want to use an Apple product - if someone could point me in a good direction on what to get, I'd appreciate it.

3. I tried to log in to the forums on my old login and it says I've been banned for racistism/biggotry... WTF? That's absolutely insane and I don't know what's up with that as I've never said a racist/bigoted thing in my life.

I'm wondering if/how I can discuss the details with a mod? Also, is my account in-game banned as well? Is there a way to know if I was hacked?

I really don't want to go through the trouble of buying a new computer and loading the game on it, only to find that I have to start from scratch - I've done that enough times already.

Thanks in advance,

Dok
Old 10-15-2023, 01:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktoorRoksteady [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3. I tried to log in to the forums on my old login and it says I've been banned for racistism/biggotry... WTF? That's absolutely insane and I don't know what's up with that as I've never said a racist/bigoted thing in my life.

most racists believe that they are not racists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2023, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by void221 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
most racists believe that they are not racists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2023, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktoorRoksteady [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello,

I have a few questions - sorry if this is not the right forum.

I played a bard on Vallon Zek from early 2000 till the Zek merger during live and have chars on all 3 of the current P1999 servers.

I haven't played in several years and have the itch to come back. Here's my questions and issues:

1. I would probably play my characters on Green or start a new one there. What's going on on the server right now succinctly?

2. I need a computer recommendation. I always played on a desktop. I need a new laptop because I'm using an old Macbook that I never gave back to my old job when I quit and I don't have an admin pw to load anything on it. I don't want to use an Apple product - if someone could point me in a good direction on what to get, I'd appreciate it.

I'm wondering if/how I can discuss the details with a mod? Also, is my account in-game banned as well? Is there a way to know if I was hacked?

I really don't want to go through the trouble of buying a new computer and loading the game on it, only to find that I have to start from scratch - I've done that enough times already.

Thanks in advance,

Dok
This is completely ironic because before I finished reading your post I was about to tell you to avoid green because you'll inevitably get banned for some stupid petty crap.

CSR is corrupted by some "leftie type moron" who cries "wacism" at literally everything while they hypocritically support racist jews.

I got banned for "wacism" and i've wrote lengthy paragraphs on other sites defending the good Black people that i've worked with for over 15 years, as a White person.

So best to just move on and let p99 die like it deserves. There's ALOT of other games out there so who cares about some random low pop everquest private server.

What a shame though because green used to be great.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://righteousalliance.com/videos...den_Lackin.mp4
Old 10-16-2023, 12:02 PM
Large Rat

That looks an awful lot like a manifesto there, 4chandude.
Old 10-16-2023, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Nordok about to become macequest 2.0
Old 10-16-2023, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

OP to answer your question about the server, both servers are kind of in the same place right now in terms of that they are at the end of their timelines (no more patches) and top heavy with most people focused on raiding.

That being said, you can occasionally find lower level leveling groups (especially if you just stick to the "popular" zone for that level range - although 30-40 is tough and usually very dead on both servers). Maybe a little higher frequency of groups on Green versus Blue just due to the slightly higher population at primetime. It's a little bit easier to sell items on Green as well (depending on what you're selling - random, cheaper gear is pretty slow to sell on both servers...big ticket items go a little faster on Green).
Old 10-17-2023, 12:02 PM
Orc

lol this conflict has really stirred up some neat information