Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
man you have some unhealthy hate for the red server -- like 75% of your posts on forums are about how much you hate it. We get it bro <3

Quote:
I like red as being a more honest server.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
man you have some unhealthy hate for the red server -- like 75% of your posts on forums are about how much you hate it. We get it bro <3

I like red quite a bit for the reasons mentioned in my previous post.

Also, I will add that our PvE crew is top notch, doing all mobs other than aow and tunare each week. It's a solid community of our raiders, there's pvp when you want it, both at top level and lower level. There's less of a grind due to the xp bonus, and you'll find some cool&normal folks. And, also some weirdos -- the difference is that on red they're overt rather than on blue where many are covert.

All in all, having played on both blue and red for many years, I like red as being a more honest server. Also, there is no variance for, as an example, a Tormax poopsock at 7am.
Your view is skewed because you're one of the people with 15 level 60 alts that raids an entire severs' raid content weekly then sits in PoM for 10 hrs a day between raids farming cards for who knows whats reasons - of course you think it's amazing. But that's your diseased membrane doing the talking.

Red99 isnt any reflection on any typical EQ experience, that's why it's a server inhabited with people who dont function as normal people for the most part in their real lives, or in a normal EQ setting.

How many level 60s in NToV gear is this going to take for some people to figure out. For normal people 1 maybe 2 and for the mentally unadjusted quite a few more.

P.s. Lampooning someone for pointing this out just further proves why people shouldn't play on red99 as it's some dirty cult like server where talking the truth results in an expulsion.
Last edited by White_knight; 03-25-2019 at 07:24 PM..
Old 03-25-2019, 07:05 PM
Banned

If any current red99 player can give an answer to this simple question it would be great:

If red99 is so great and fun of a server, why is it that there are only 80-100 players on the server?
Old 03-26-2019, 05:23 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If any current red99 player can give an answer to this simple question it would be great:

If red99 is so great and fun of a server, why is it that there are only 80-100 players on the server?
Because all the newbs and sociopaths play on blue.

You actually have to be pretty good to play on Red, not some manipulative whatever trying to ride the coat tails of others
Old 03-26-2019, 06:02 AM
Orc

Just kidding anyway. Im sure most of it boils down to personal preference and many people play on both.
Old 04-01-2019, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For me it really boiled down to several misconceptions about the server in general, in part thanks to the many server trolls that exist on these forums. My main misconceptions were:

1.) I knew there was an exp bonus, but I didn't realize that a full group would level ~3.9 times faster on Red than on Blue
2.) I thought that a PvP death would result in the loss of your pp and one item, and I hated the idea of losing a high-end item to an unfair PvP death. You still lose all your pp, but no items are lost.
3.) I thought that there was no level limitations, and that a level 60 could kill newbs all day. In reality, PvP is only enabled for people within ±4 levels of you. Also, PvP is not enabled for level 1's.
4.) I didn't realize that you could call Loot-and-Scoot to prevent from being corpse-camped all day.
5.) I thought the raiders on Red would be more hardcore than on Blue. In reality, Kittens is a Hardcore Raid Guild compared to Apex or The Heretic.

If it wasn't for the Sunday that the Blue login server was down, I would have never tried Red.
Last edited by snyder43; 04-01-2019 at 06:23 PM..
Old 04-01-2019, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

I can’t really think of a comparison of a stagnant game that is played by the same people for 10 years straight killing the same mobs for the same loot. That is probably why the pop for red is sub 100.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

If project 1999 is so good why does wow have millions of players and costs money but p99 is free and only has like two thousand at a time ?

Don't answer that seriously
Old 04-01-2019, 10:27 PM
Fire Giant

I tried Red and regret it.

I've tried going back to Blue but I just can't stand it anymore.
Closed Thread