Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 10:06 PM
Large Rat

Default Questions for the Bard folk.

Does swarming make you sweat or uncomfortable or is it just me? I noticed that my feet got sweaty and cold while kiting. I do more of a jousting style than one constant circle and every time I turn back into the mob I get pretty tense. Also the feeling of dying mid swarm or around 20% mob health feels soooo bad. I am only level 23 so hopefully it gets better as I improve my kiting.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:28 AM
Banned

first few times yes
next 6 or so bard alts no
Old 01-15-2019, 05:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfson99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does swarming make you sweat or uncomfortable or is it just me? I noticed that my feet got sweaty and cold while kiting. I do more of a jousting style than one constant circle and every time I turn back into the mob I get pretty tense. Also the feeling of dying mid swarm or around 20% mob health feels soooo bad. I am only level 23 so hopefully it gets better as I improve my kiting.
I use drive by method. Btw when you get to burning woods the buzzing sounds of bee swarms really makea the butt cheeks clench.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:23 AM
Orc

The drive by method seems so clunky to me. Is there any benefit to it? With circle strafing I can twist my 3 songs and change instruments to boot.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

You should be able to do all of that either way. Its just the pattern you get yourself used to.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:26 AM
Fire Giant

I wouldn't see it as a problem.. enjoy that the thrill feels so real to your brain that it actually affects your body. Isn't that why we play videogames? :-)
Old 02-12-2019, 12:00 AM
Large Bat

How fast is swarm kiting? And is it true you don't really need any gear (other than vendor instruments)? Thinking of making a bard alt since I have never played one, but don't have a lot to spend on gear. There are some nice guides on P99 wiki but sometimes they seem a little dated!
Old 02-14-2019, 03:08 AM
Sarnak

I'm learning, but if you're swarming then you don't want to be hit. It is likely death if you are hit. The damage all comes from timing your songs properly, and staying just out of reach of the mobs. Naked with instruments, maxed skilled in the instruments and practice. That might be enough.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:40 AM
Aviak

I’m finding this swarming thing to be damn near impossible. I’m a lvl 18 bard and have only had a successful attempt at it and even still I manage to take some good hits.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Should have seen it back in REAL classic with constant ping spikes and packet loss. LOL at these clowns claiming swarm kiting was classic.
Closed Thread