Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point we have only briefly talked about how we are going to release content so nothing has been set in stone yet. Now as for the starting locations Isle of Dawn will still be there but you can also start at your race starting zone instead if you want.
Really, if you could look at maybe keeping the older, slower exp system as it was more at launch, combined with being able to maybe add content to some of the places, the Devs never got to do or finish? Making more disused places work better? You know, make some older, 10+ lvl dungeons more like 50+ & update drops, maybe introduce more over land raid NPCS, etc.

Ayyways, I loved Beta & VG. For a while, I thought it may have been a real EQ successor. Best of luck guys with the Emu! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallpaulTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really, if you could look at maybe keeping the older, slower exp system as it was more at launch, combined with being able to maybe add content to some of the places, the Devs never got to do or finish? Making more disused places work better? You know, make some older, 10+ lvl dungeons more like 50+ & update drops, maybe introduce more over land raid NPCS, etc.

Ayyways, I loved Beta & VG. For a while, I thought it may have been a real EQ successor. Best of luck guys with the Emu! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't agree more, VG lost its touch when they started making it more casual. Go back to super slow and "enjoy the journey" xp rates, flying mounts that were super tough to get which in turn caused more people to be on land and sea interacting with others. This is a great opporthnity to pick up where Sigil left off, not SOE.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah live was shut down July 31st. I agree. I don't think the server should completely emulate the live server. There were too many ill-conceived ideas that were implemented the last few years. It would be awesome to see them take out all rifts except the big cities. Travel became very trivial in VG, and that wasn't a good thing. Also, custom crafting content would be awesome. Such a neglected sphere of the game. Those are the first two things that popped into my head. There are dozens more I'm sure.
Agreed, I really think they should pick up where Sigil left off and not SOE. Revert this back to slow leveling and hard travel (please make flying mounts either ungodly hard to get or not there at all, ground and water provide much better experiences then safely flying over everything). I'd also love to see them eventually add in new content, something VG never had a real chance at getting.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:20 AM
Aviak

Thanks to Volt's hard work, we have some basic NPC Dialogs working -- so well in fact, my cheeks hurt from smiling at being able to write a LUA script and click the options [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Bravo, Volt!

Everyone should come to Isle of Dawn on New Telon, and speak to Tan Fen Greatcloud. He has an interesting story to tell you!

screen1.jpg

Code:
function spawn()
end

function opening_dialog(NPC, PC)
   OpeningDialog = GetDialog(NPC, PC)
   SetDialogGreeting(OpeningDialog, "Tan Fen Greatcloud says, \"Ahh! Thank you so much for answering our call for aid. I am Tan Fen Greatcloud, and I humbly welcome you to the Isle of Dawn.\"")
   AddDialogOption(OpeningDialog, "Can you tell me about the VGOEmulator Project?", "VGOAbout")
   AddDialogOption(OpeningDialog, "No, I am busy.", "DialogPCDeclined")
   CommitDialog(OpeningDialog, PC)
end

function VGOAbout(NPC, PC)
   CustomDialog = GetDialog(NPC, PC)
   SetDialogGreeting(CustomDialog, "Tan Fen Greatcloud tells you, \"There has been no greater adventure known in all the world than trying to reconstruct a world from our fleeting memories! Those involved in this project are true heroes, indeed.\"")
   AddDialogOption(CustomDialog, "Who are these heroes?", "VGOHeroes")
   CommitDialog(CustomDialog, PC)
end

function VGOHeroes(NPC, PC)
   SetDialogGreeting(CustomDialog, "Tan Fen Greatcloud smiles and says, \"You have not heard of the great and powerful Volt? Who has brought you these amazing dialogs so you can speak with me? Surely you have.\"")
   AddDialogOption(CustomDialog, "What about the others? They must have done something too!", "VGOOthers")
end

function VGOOthers(NPC, PC)
   SetDialogGreeting(CustomDialog, "Tan Fen Greatcloud exclaims, \"Of course! John, Xinux and Scatman brought the world into being. Xen unraveled the mysteries of my very existence. Ratief determined your titles and whether or not I even like you with Factions! Not to mention those seekers of data who risked their very lives to bring you the world you see before you.\"")
   AddDialogOption(CustomDialog, "Tell me about the Data Collectors!", "VGOCollectors")
   AddDialogOption(CustomDialog, "Okay, I am bored now. Bye.", "DialogPCDeclined")
end

function VGOCollectors(NPC, PC)
   SetDialogGreeting(CustomDialog, "Tan Fen Greatcloud holds his head in reverence, \"Ah, the Collectors! They were sent out into the world to discover all of Telon's secrets and return them to John, who used their discoveries to resurrect the world you know as New Telon!\"")
   AddDialogOption(CustomDialog, "Tell me about VGOEmulator again!", "VGOAbout")
   AddDialogOption(CustomDialog, "Tell me about those Heroes again!", "VGOHeroes")
   AddDialogOption(CustomDialog, "Tell me about those Others again!", "VGOOthers")
   AddDialogOption(CustomDialog, "Okay, I am bored now. Bye.", "DialogPCDeclined")
end

function DialogPCDeclined(NPC, PC)
   SetDialogGreeting(CustomDialog, "Tan Fen Greatcloud tells you, \"I'll be right here when you wish to speak again. Farewell.\"")
end

function DialogNPCDeclined(NPC, PC)
   NpcSay(PC, "Tan Fen Greatcloud says, \"Come back when you have gained more experience.\"")
   CloseDialogWindow(PC)
end

And while we are posting progress, here is some more!

It needs a little more work and then I have to clean out some stuff that doesn't belong in the starting abilities, implement the subclasses.

screen2.jpg
Old 11-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

You're making me tear up over here man. Bravo! Bravo!
Can't wait until its fully playable.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

This looks amazing. Can't wait to play my OP disciple
Old 11-04-2014, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

My dream is that it leans heavily toward VG just after APW. That to me was pretty much the glory days of VG. Original xp rates would be fabulous.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Aviak

Well some progress on the AA window when i wasn't even working on it just happened upon it.

Got the AA available,spent and exp bar showing.

aa.jpg
Old 11-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Aviak

Played around abit more today with it while at work.

aa1.jpg
Old 11-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Aviak

Been a little bit so bringing you guys some videos this time.

This video will show the following.

Character creation

Starting hotbar populated

Starting abilities/racials populated

Adding items to your inventory with preview

Adding item to the correct equipment slot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGC3...ature=youtu.be

This one will show training abilities from a trainer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNGe...ature=youtu.be