Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-30-2017, 03:38 PM
Aviak

Great endeavour here folks! Brilliant work. I was just wondering, perhaps I've missed it, but is there a version for Mac (for both P99 & TAKP players out there I'm thinking) available or perhaps scheduled?
Old 10-30-2017, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

There is a pack for TAKP on the TAKP wiki

Though we never tested it with the actual mac client, so ymmv
Old 10-31-2017, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Excellent stuff!

A request - would it be possible to either create or borrow graphics from other parts of the game to give an appearance of a vendor area for barren merchants? That is, take parts of Neriak for example. Many of the vendors have their walls appearing to hold items. Yet take many of the merchants in Freeport that stand in front of a rock wall, bare and uninspiring.

This is scattered throughout the game - some merchants are stacked and others look like they have deep pockets for carrying all of their vendor wares.

Just a suggestion - thanks!
Old 10-31-2017, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Excellent stuff!

A request - would it be possible to either create or borrow graphics from other parts of the game to give an appearance of a vendor area for barren merchants? That is, take parts of Neriak for example. Many of the vendors have their walls appearing to hold items. Yet take many of the merchants in Freeport that stand in front of a rock wall, bare and uninspiring.

This is scattered throughout the game - some merchants are stacked and others look like they have deep pockets for carrying all of their vendor wares.

Just a suggestion - thanks!
I think you just won the “weirdest request” award
Old 11-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would it be possible to either create or borrow graphics from other parts of the game to give an appearance of a vendor area for barren merchants?
Probably not, and if it was we wouldn't bother for two reasons: we're only interested in improving upon The Vision™'s version of classic EverQuest art without adding anything unnecessary, and the work load would be unrealistic. If we ever decide to upscale zone textures, which is something we've talked about since more or less day one, we won't be doing anything beyond upscaling.

The reason this probably wouldn't work is because areas such as interior walls typically don't use their own specific texture or set of textures - they often use one texture which is tiled and reused in many other areas of the zone. So a likely result of adding merchant wares to a wall behind a vendor would be that art showing up on the outside of various building/zone walls, or along the entirety of that building's interior, floors and ceilings included, for example. There's no way to designate which textures each model/polygon/cluster of polygons uses without altering the .zon files themselves, or the client code, which is both beyond our capability and unsafe for the purposes of P99 cheat-detection.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 11-04-2017 at 07:36 PM..
Old 11-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Dear Cucu and Co,

Just installed this as my first EQ mod. Absolutely fantastic.

Love,
NY
Old 11-11-2017, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

I'm updating a friend's drop box, what is the before vs after of the memory on disk for this install?
Old 11-11-2017, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm updating a friend's drop box, what is the before vs after of the memory on disk for this install?
EQ Classic HD requires 279 MB (278,872,064 bytes) of disk space for installation.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Kobold

I just have to say... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMPILING and just, putting forth this effort! amazing work. I will include it with all my installs from now on. thanks!~
Old 11-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Impressive work guys - I've shared these threads with the EQEmu guys