Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 06:10 AM
Fire Giant

Default intelligence for necros

I was recently told that intelligence supposedly works for necro charm like charisma does for enchanter charm. As in, the higher intelligence the lower risk of charm breaking.

I've never heard about this before. And I've tried to learn as best I could how the machinations of charm in EQ works and have never before heard anything like this before.

This would blow my mind if true. Can anyone corroborate this? I've not been able to find any useful information myself.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:09 AM
Aviak

AFAIK Necro charm works on magic resist of mob and their level compagred to yours. INT has nothing to do with charm for Nec.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:10 AM
Aviak

*compared* can't spell
Old 01-31-2018, 09:13 AM
Fire Giant

That was my clear impression too. The person who told me this is a P99 veteran and so it made me pause. But I've never heard anything like this before and have been unable to unearth anything corroborating it.

The closest to consensus on how charm works in EQ I've been able to find is:

For enchanters there are three checks (first lvl, then MR, then charisma). For everyone else there are only two checks (lvl, then MR). So in essence chanters have an extra check to save a charm from breaking. But yeah, have never ever heard anything about INT playing a part for necros.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The person who told me this is a P99 veteran
Name and shame
Old 01-31-2018, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Sorry, I can’t reveal my source [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-31-2018, 09:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was recently told that intelligence supposedly works for necro charm like charisma does for enchanter charm. As in, the higher intelligence the lower risk of charm breaking.

I've never heard about this before. And I've tried to learn as best I could how the machinations of charm in EQ works and have never before heard anything like this before.

This would blow my mind if true. Can anyone corroborate this? I've not been able to find any useful information myself.
False. Charm works on mob lvl vs your level and a magic resist check. Enchanters get an additional check for charisma. Basically you get 2 chances to beat the mobs roll and not have charm break every server tick. Enchanters get a 3rd chance with charisma.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:04 AM
Aviak

A server veteran misunderstanding basic mechanics? Say it isn't so.
9 Erudite Magician - Adisa
Closed Thread