Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 10:34 PM
Aviak

Default I am remaking Kelethin in a more modern engine here's a preview.

Hey y'all, a long while ago I posted very early parts of this personal project of mine, remaking Kelethin (and Greater Faydark) in a more modern game engine, but I have a fairly good result to show off now: https://youtu.be/316ycW1d808

I am also in early stages of having Kelethin in VRChat, so you can mess around in that as well.

Check it out:
https://youtu.be/316ycW1d808
Old 02-07-2020, 11:33 PM
Sarnak

Wow, that’s really impressive. Are you doing it just as a pet project? It’s too bad there’s not going to be a new iteration of EQ, I’d love to see all the zones with this level of graphics.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:43 AM
Planar Protector

Amazing!

What is the engine and what is your project?
Old 02-08-2020, 06:23 AM
Aviak

@smellybuttface yes it's a personal project of mine, something I started in 2013, but then took a hiatus on working on it for several years. I recently returned to it as part of a portfolio piece, but with things like VRChat I want to take it further. One day I'd like to re-imagine a lot of the other favorite zones of mine, the next one being probably East Karana.

@Izmael
I made everything in 3d Studio Max, and textures in photoshop. I put everything into Unity3D, and all the fX, modeling, lighting etc, was my doing. The only exception is the melody.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:16 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Well done port of Kelethin!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks for sharing this with us all.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:26 PM
Aviak

Default Great project

Great work there mate. Lovely job! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You know, it makes you think what several people working on a project like this, or Daybreak getting a clue and doing it for EQ and several expansions, wouldn’t have a viable product that folks would pay a subscription for?

Honestly, I probably would [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2020, 05:36 AM
Aviak

Maybe Daybreak can give me a job doing this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2020, 07:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewybunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe Daybreak can give me a job doing this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daybreak doesn't employ talent, or at least doesn't give employees the chance to show it.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:34 PM
Aviak

Your bridges are upside down!

But cool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But flip those bridges! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2020, 10:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your bridges are upside down!

But cool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But flip those bridges! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please god no. Keep the handrails. My clumsy ass doesn’t need to fall off Kelethin anymore than I already have.
Closed Thread