Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

No the darkness here is custom and pretty intense. It is more classic than it was before p99 changed it, but it is definitely harder to play the game than it was on actual live.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, and infravision still isn't quite right either. Back in classic infravision wouldn't really help with seeing in the dark so much as just make the mobs slightly glow red.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekst [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed that too. But maybe it is just the difference in blacks/light between CRT monitors and the new ones. Anyways, a friendly half elf gave me a greater lightstone.

Im close to lvl 12 and I already bought most of lvl 14 and 19 spells. Should I move elsewhere? I remember going to Oasis/Crushbone back in the day, are those still the best spots to find a group?
oasis is like 14+

Crushbone is like 6+
Old 01-07-2021, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, and infravision still isn't quite right either. Back in classic infravision wouldn't really help with seeing in the dark so much as just make the mobs slightly glow red.
I'm really enjoying the challenge! also, as a human, if I'm outside and pulling, i get to say "oh i cant see, its your turn to pull" to whatever melee char is in the group

and it works.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played in live.

I played wood elf, halfling, dwarf, high elf

My brother was a barbarian

He had a hard time and night, navigating everfrost was really challenging.

I was scared at night because I was basically a little kid, but I could see.

I never played a dark elf to see what ultravision looked like.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:41 AM
Banned

Shaman is a powerful class. You may want to save up enough coin to at least buy your spells through level 14 before you get a bind in say, West Freeport. Leveling 1-12 in the EC (East Commonlands) area is so easy and fast when you can keep buffs on (except during times when most are asleep).
Old 01-12-2021, 07:15 AM
Sarnak

If you're 12, I'd recommend hitting up Erud's Crossing or North Karana and killing willowwisps. Greater Lightstones sell to players for 15pp per, or you can turn them in to the gypsy in NK for experience and about 9pp back. You should be able to do this until 15 or 16, and come out with several hundred platinum to put towards gear.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:41 AM
Large Rat

I just got 15 yesterday in EC, farmed a bunch of orc belts because I saw someone selling them for a few platinum each. So far I'm having a really nice time, everyone I meet is super friendly.

And coming from other mmo's I noticed that the most profitable "quests" were given by other players. By the way, If someone wants to invite a clueless shaman to their guild, add Khorneflakes! (I'm literally still reading what my spells do)
Old 01-12-2021, 11:11 AM
Aviak

Hey man, I'm an officer in Gathered Might. We have a good number of members 50+ but also toons of all levels.

Our main focus is on fostering a positive fun experience for players of all levels and goals. I'll look you up next time I'm on and see if you wanna join!
Old 01-12-2021, 10:06 PM
Large Rat

Sure!
Closed Thread