Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 10:59 PM
Sarnak

Default Making money with pickpocket?

Are there any good spots for a rogue to pickpocket for cash?
Old 04-20-2017, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

No, not really. Just pick pocket everything while leveling up. Actually, never stop pick pocketing, or else lose your rogueishness.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

In the old days, you could make good money by pickpocketing Hill Giants in Rathe Mountains... Today, no one groups there anymore.

Check out spots that have mobs that drop decent cash...
Old 04-21-2017, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

If you need cash best to just kill willow-wisps for GLS and turn in you will make faster cash then trying to pickpocket stuff.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 04-21-2017, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

Its dangerous, but you can pickpocket gems off seafury cyclopses. I came through there in my low 20's and picked up a sapphire and a star ruby in a minute or two. Was like 25% of the total money I had made to that point. Needs SoW or other movement increase though, the seafuries move around too much otherwise. With sufficient luck, you could walk off with hundreds to thousands of plat if you find the place fully spawned and pick everything clean without getting caught.

Every time I hit up Kaladim, I take some small kite shields off the guards inside. I only take from next to the zone boundary though (one wandering guard in the front, one near the zone to bank) so if they aggro I can run for it. Not campable, but I've picked up 50ish plat over 5 trips through here while just on my way through here on various occasions. Felwithe guards had some low grade jewelry, but not nearly as consistent.

I really like pickpocketing stuff, and I've been trying to keep an eye out for random things that I can try to steal. Theoretically, anything that's not Magic, Nodrop and comes from a humaniod or giant should be doable. Every once in a while, there's something random that looks like it could be decent. I'm going to try and see if I can steal Gabbie Mardottle's Molten cloak the next time I'm in Sol A, for example.
Closed Thread