Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 06:21 PM
Kobold

Default Tainted Battleworn Morning Star (druid gear ?)

So I've been really enjoying the freedom of playing a druid, and have gotten to level 20 finally. I'm slowly trying to acquire gear (got my Testament of Vanear today, by myself!) and according to the Wiki, one main hand item that is listed is a Tainted Battleworn Morning Star from an undead (high level) in Kithicor Forest. It's no-drop, so I assume people let them rot, or there is some other way to obtain one. Everything I am wearing I've earned or bought with money I've saved and I'm really enjoying it!

Looking for help on that weapon if anyone can! Also, is it even feasible to think about getting the Goblin ring for charming at my level? I haven't had as much fun as i did charming in Oasis (level 14-19) in a long time. Buying one is out of the question probably, as this is my first character on the server (finally started after wanting to for years).

Ty!
Old 07-20-2018, 07:46 PM
Banned

You can farm a ghaz ring once youre abt level 30. Tainted Morningstar rots when it drops but it only drops when ppl are killing high level DE s in kith. Probably better just to keep leveling tbh
Old 07-23-2018, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

The ghaz ring can be a really time consuming camp. For me it was too much, gave up after maybe 6 hours. But i am not much of a camper, you might be different... or you might have better luck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 07-24-2018, 01:37 AM
Kobold

Got the morningstar tonight, thanks to Niradra from Kittens Who Say Meow for killing the cleric with me and getting one to drop. Super awesome of him to come out and do that, so thanks again!
Old 07-24-2018, 04:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can farm a ghaz ring once youre abt level 30. Tainted Morningstar rots when it drops but it only drops when ppl are killing high level DE s in kith. Probably better just to keep leveling tbh
A druid won't have the potential to solo that camp until much later. There's no way they could keep up with 30 second respawning blue mobs, if they could even find the placeholders to begin with.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can farm a ghaz ring once youre abt level 30.
A druid won't have the potential to solo that camp until much later. There's no way they could keep up with 30 second respawning blue mobs, if they could even find the placeholders to begin with.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

You're completely wrong.

There are several strategies that can be used.

Charming a tiger. Snaring fleeing ph and let it stand there while you med. gathering up a bunch of phers and tremouring them down and watching all their respawns before medding back to full.

Just because you can't max dps the ph down on spam doesn't make the ring uncampable.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

It's possible, sure, but considering the low spawn rate of the courier and lower drop rate of the ring, I don't believe it's truly viable.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The courier's spawn rate isn't that low. Maybe 1:15. It's the rarity of the ring which is what turns the camp in to a slot machine.

You're also mistaken saying the mobs con blue to 30. Most of the PHs are 16 tops, most lower. By the time you are 23 it is really difficult to squeeze xp out of the camp.

I'm surprised you believe clearing half a dozen or so PHs at the same time is going to be so much slower than one at a time which is generally done for the purposes of 1) ease of maintaining a confirmed ph, 2) avoiding adds and 3) not interfering with lower levels that might be XPing in the area.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by klw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're completely wrong.

There are several strategies that can be used.

Charming a tiger. Snaring fleeing ph and let it stand there while you med. gathering up a bunch of phers and tremouring them down and watching all their respawns before medding back to full.

Just because you can't max dps the ph down on spam doesn't make the ring uncampable.

I've camped around a dozen rings over the years here. Druid at 39 was amazingly bad compared to a 29 necro/mage/enchanter. The best advice I can give you is to camp this with a pet class alt or bard.

Charm is too unreliable. Coupled with all the soothsayer pathers, you will have a horribly frustrating time trying to camp couriers with a charmed pet at 30. PHs are 30sec repop, you will lose track of them within the first half hour (of your ~6 hour camp). Eventually (read: several times per hour) you will have a charm break, while fighting a soothsayer, and lose track of your PH/courier. You then have to recharm, kill the add, find your wandering PHs and start all over. I'll take a 29 pet class over a 50+ druid for this camp any day.

This is honestly one of the most soul crushing camps you can do. At least with other terrible camps you can Alt-tab out. Again, if you want any hope of getting a goblin ring, you need to be able to devote 2-3 hours per session (6-8 hours is common) to killing 2 mobs as soon as they spawn, every 30 seconds. The PHs/courier path immediately upon spawning, so you can't look away for very long.

Its awful. Unless you're a glutton for punishment, just level to 39 and port for a few days and buy the ring. Use hide/camo to break charm until then.
Last edited by Crawdad; 08-31-2018 at 11:03 AM..
Closed Thread