Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 02:29 AM
Skeleton

Default Logitech G13 Gameboard with Everquest

Hello guys.

Since I discovered Belkin Nostromo Speedpad N52 Ive been using many kinds of gamepads to play all mmorpg games. I just cant play them with classic keyboard anymore.
I started using Nostromo N52 back in... 2006 maybe? with Everquest 2.
It passed aways very fast, (hardcore raiding days) so I bough another one and then an updated Nostromo n52te. That one is still alive and working very well after 8 years of use. But Im trying a new one now.

Wanted a new speedpad, so I had to chose betwen the new Razer models (They own Belkin now) and Logitech G13 as I readed a lot of good things about it.

G13 is a wonderful gaming peripheral to have. Ive been using it in other games for a year now and I can say it was made to last.

Its kinda different to Nostromo's models. More buttons, different ergonomic and 3 modes too.
I used a lot momentarily switching betwen modes in my old Nostromo, so I can swith from moving mode to attack mode and back pretty fast. In fact, 3 modes with Everquest: Moving mode, hotbar access mode and spellcasting mode.

But, its a bit tricky with the G13. You need to use scripts to configure that, at least the way I like to use it.
I like to use qwerty/arrows for the normal actions (Mode 1) and then shift the modes so that qwerty is 1234567890 (Mode 2, hotbars) or Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3....... (Mode 3, spellbook). And then to go back to original movement controls when I release. I don't want to have to press a key twice to go to M2 or M3 and back because in practice is slower.

So, I wanted to share this simple script in case anyone use this gamepad too and want give it a try;

Code:
function OnEvent(event,arg,family)

family = family or ""

Mstate = GetMKeyState("lhc")	

if Mstate == 1 and arg == 23 and event == "G_PRESSED" then -- if G23 is pressed in M1

SetMKeyState(2, "lhc")	-- set M to 2 on the lhc (G13)

end

if Mstate == 2 and arg == 23 and event == "G_RELEASED" then -- if G23 is released in M2

SetMKeyState(1, "lhc")	-- set M to 1 on the lhc (G13)

end

if Mstate == 1 and arg == 24 and event == "G_PRESSED" then -- if G24 is pressed in M1

SetMKeyState(3, "lhc")	-- set M to 3 on the lhc (G13)

end

if Mstate == 3 and arg == 24 and event == "G_RELEASED" then -- if G24 is released in M2

SetMKeyState(1, "lhc")	-- set M to 1 on the lhc (G13)

end

end
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

See you ingame!
Old 08-08-2018, 04:34 AM
Kobold

Hey, that's pretty cool. I didn't even know something like that existed. I pined over spending 19 bucks on a programmable mouse so I think those pads are a bit out of my price range, but that is some cool stuff. ( i am old and all tech stuff is neat to me)
Old 08-08-2018, 05:19 AM
Skeleton

G13 is a 9 years old gamepad so sometimes you can find it at a fair price on Ebay or Amazon. I got mine for 70€ Amazon.es, but is kinda hard to find now.

Razer new models are The Targarus Classic (the new Nostromo) 80$, Targarus V2 90$ and OrbWeaver Chroma 150$.

There are cheaper ones too;
-Magical Led Computer Gaming Keyboard - Globalama GK0001 - 30$
-XFUNY Wired Gaming Keyboard 46-Key Professional Single handed Gaming Keyboard - 28$
-RGB LED Backlit SADES Portable Mini Gaming Keypad - 23$

Im sure they are fun to use.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...Agaming+keypad

As a gaming mouse I have a 12 Programmable Thumb Buttons old Razer Naga. Not very durable ^^ Its my second one since I got them cheap.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:48 AM
Kobold

Oh, that's better than the 280 I got on my first search.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:17 AM
Server GM

Something to keep in mind. 3rd party programs or hardware that creates multiple inputs is strictly forbidden on p99. Be careful how you use such tools.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Get em coach! If it isn’t a keyboard and two button mouse shit ain’t classic. I’ve started working on code that can detect non crt display output to prevent modern lcd and refresh rate from being usable in game, thoughts?
Old 08-09-2018, 02:02 PM
Skeleton

Should I use a CRT 17 inch monitor to play too? 😂 And there is no danger, I don even use Macros in EQ 😋 Its just hardware. Oh, I think my new fancy gaming chair allows me to play more hours. Cheat!
Old 08-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shucioh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should I use a CRT 17 inch monitor to play too? �� And there is no danger, I don even use Macros in EQ �� Its just hardware. Oh, I think my new fancy gaming chair allows me to play more hours. Cheat!
Jun 2018 & use of emojis
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:52 PM
Skeleton

Old man's habits.

Ok, I got my room back to 2002. It wasnt easy.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:58 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haven't heard the term Belkin Nostromo Speedpad N52 in over 15 years, I had to google it to see what it was now I remember how cool these are.

So nice to see how many updates and how many cool versions of these are available im buying one today !

Thank you ! : )
You Gonna love them! Some of the new Razer looks amazing. Im so tempted about buying Razer Tartarus Chroma Expert. It looks just like the old N52. But I already have a space problem in my desk as you can see in the pic in the first post ^^