Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 11:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Gnome Rogue of Bertoxxulous

I wanna try something new, so I decided to roll a Gnome Rogue who worships Bertox. Also gonna flag PvP and RP for full cringe/immersion. I'm bored at work and excited about starting him, so I thought I'd ask if you guys have any advice. Anything in particular I should look out for, or look forward to? Also roleplaying tips would be cool. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2019, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

The red toon on blue server thing just doesn't work. Do not bother. Everything else is great.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:04 AM
Sarnak

Sound advice from Benanov
Old 09-20-2019, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

As for RP tips, I tend to feel those come about naturally as part of playing the character. Take existing lore and expound upon it.

My ERU SHD on live kinda went like this:

Erudite executioners are the mages. They summon your organs one by one and purify them. Then kill you. It's incredibly painful.

This happened to my character. The execution was interrupted by a horde of weak, low-level free-willed undead - basically skeleton pets.

In exchange, my toon arranged a place for them to live - a rented warehouse with a series of odd complicated contracts such that no one came to look for them. In exchange, he'd summon one from the warehouse and take it with him on adventures.

However, these were potty-mouthed, free-willed undead, not your usual skeleton pet. (Having the axe that drops in WL that allows Shadowknights to cast Voice Graft made this trick work.)

A lot of my RP was basically believable ventriloquism dummy stuff.

AAs got explained by my toon adventuring around Norrath looking for 'better' organs from his victims, grafting them in place of his old ones, and using them. (Slower food consumption? Yep, I've got 4 stomachs. Like a cow! Cue the skeleton making milk jokes.)

It worked reasonably well.

I'm going in a different direction with p99.
Closed Thread