Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 04:58 PM
Sarnak

I'm curious how the list aspect will work with regards to experience groups, I combed through the thread so maybe it was already answered. I didn't see it expressly written by a dev or guide though.

Considering this is a new server and exp groups will be the norm for camps for the majority of the early life, this list "fix" seems like it is aimed at people who are moreso in a position to solo or at the very least are endgame ready to farm.

If there is a group camping it and you arrive on the scene to fill a slot, but aren't on the list... can the group still function normally and do a general roll and then you as the new person who joins still get the item? Or does it work that you have to wait your turn from the list within said group in order to be able to claim the item?

Will rolling dice be a thing of the past in these cases? It seems like a solid idea for what it is intended for by preventing hoarding... just wondering how it will work in the natural flow of how exp groups will be by having to cycle people in and out for certain group needs.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureLo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious how the list aspect will work with regards to experience groups
So first remember that the list is only for a select few items that get removed pretty early in the timeline. Guise, manastone, not sure what else.

The list works independently of groups. The expectation is that the people on the list aren't necessarily in the group camping the mob. The group is there for EXP, and for any non list loot. Being in the group that kills the mob, own its own, give you no rights to a "list" item.

The mob spawns... The group who is camping it gets to kill it. If the list item drops, the person at the top of the list gets the chance to loot it. They don't have to kill the mob themselves. Actually that would be KSing the group and against terms. If you are at the top of the list you just wait for the group camping the mob to kill it.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graventhel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long shot here but, is Paineel going to be included at launch? It's not classic but kinda is, and I'd love to level an Eru SK.
No one? In the original release when was Paineel patch in, anyway?
Old 09-18-2019, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graventhel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one? In the original release when was Paineel patch in, anyway?
Historically it was like 10 months later.
edit: not confirmed for green https://wiki.project1999.com/EverQuest_Timeline
Old 09-18-2019, 11:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From another thread, I was thinking this question and someone else asked.
thanks buddy
Old 09-19-2019, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

I’ll donate 2500 if they wipe red or make a new red server
Old 09-19-2019, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

I can't do 2500 dollars but would also be on board.

Just to have a living pvp server I can jump on for some good times when I DO have time would be really worthwhile.

Given the population I feel like discord style would work well and also means we don't end up with it ever getting too stale even if things do go south.

Only thing I think would be bad is teams because of how hardcoded imbalance just ends up being lamesville. Any non classic adjustments would be highly suspect just like all the non classic adjustments that made red 99 bad.

Heres to hoping.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

I mean...how many people are against a red wipe v. for a red wipe? I don't see much reason not to except that Rogean et al probably don't want to set a precedent for randomly wiping characters.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

They can dump toons to blue or leave red as is as permanent useless loot hoard and launch discord permadeath or real timeline rallos server.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theres probably like 10,000 names on blue 99 that have not been logged in for 8 years and are level 1 toons.

I think it would be pretty fair to nuke the full naked level 1 name camping toons to make green have some name options.

IIRC live did do something along the lines of deleting unplayed toons.
This sounds pretty fair to me, I think what I would do is first look at the player's account and see if they've played in the last 5 years or so. If yes, leave the account alone. If not, take a look at the characters on the account. If any of them are naked and Level 1, I would add an "_X" or something to the end of the name (that way, no characters are actually deleted, but the names are still freed up). I think that's a pretty fair compromise.

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Closed Thread