Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 01:31 PM
Large Rat

Completely new player here. Never played EQ or P99, trying to get setup for Green Launch to try the game out. Will there be any different patches needed to download, or can the upcomming green server be accessed with an install of the game that can connect to the current blue server?

Cheers
Old 10-11-2019, 04:21 AM
Orc

nice. would be great if i could even log on, lol. game only runs if i put my processor to 4.2Ghz and i cant do that anymore for some reason with a somewhat recent windows update. i havent been able to play for a few months. oh also rip iksar.
Last edited by Talinthis; 10-11-2019 at 04:24 AM.. Reason: paying respects to iksar
Old 10-11-2019, 04:14 PM
Skeleton

Default I don't want my Red name stolen

So I don't have chars on Blue, but I have chars on red... I don't want anyone to steal my Red chars name...
Old 10-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldknocker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I don't have chars on Blue, but I have chars on red... I don't want anyone to steal my Red chars name...
Make a character with the name on Blue.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodahs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Completely new player here. Never played EQ or P99, trying to get setup for Green Launch to try the game out. Will there be any different patches needed to download, or can the upcomming green server be accessed with an install of the game that can connect to the current blue server?

Cheers
Rogean has said that they've figured out a way to juggle things such that you'll only need one installation, and it will automatically switch between the "blue code" and the "green code" based on which server you pick.

They'll likely be a patch you need to apply, but other than that everyone should just have Green available as a server.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1asdfasdf1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DUDE. Great solution! Seriously did not see something like this coming.
I agree, I love this idea, but i also like my circa 2005 secondary hot bar which apparently is too far away from classic to allow. When did lists enter the game? I didnt get to play classic and stopped playing live more than 10 expacks ago.

Not trolling, just wondering which is farther away from classic.

thanks for any replies
Old 10-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When did lists enter the game? I didnt get to play classic and stopped playing live more than 10 expacks ago.
They both were never in the game, and at the same time have always been there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's the thing: live had paid GMs, ie. salaried employees whose only job it was to serve EverQuest players. They had at least one per server, plus on top of that they had a bunch more "guides", ie. players who volunteered to do customer service work in exchange for free playtime.

By definition, P99 can't have either of those, because they're not allowed to charge players to play here. This means that what we have instead is a very few, very kind, 100% volunteers, who generously give some of their free time to help players who fall through the world or get in fights with each other.

Speaking of fights, back in the day on live those paid CS people used to resolve fights by ... you guessed it: lists. Don't believe me? Read the instruction manual Verant gave their GMs/Guides back in the day: http://wiki.project1999.com/Kunark_E...ice_Guidelines

So while /list is a 100% P99 mechanism, and only exists because we don't have paid staff, what it does is 100% classic (and honestly Verant probably would have done the same thing if they thought of it: remember they didn't even realize they needed a Play Nice Policy until Kunkark, so they clearly didn't anticipate player fights over camps being as common).

Old 10-14-2019, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

This is great news! Thank you to the p99 staff.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Will the classic UI be in place at launch, as in the one on the tutorial disc?
Old 10-21-2019, 10:52 AM
Aviak

So I have read you should be able to access both blue and green without having to install anything separately, can anyone confirm this is true? I have not tried BETA.

If I start a character now on green BETA will it get erased at launch?
Closed Thread