Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Default SSD Sale!

Yeah i know most people probably dont care or will bash Crucial SSD's for for these prices why not?

http://slickdeals.net/f/7670564-cruc...2gb-for-99?v=1
Old 02-18-2015, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
already sold out whatd they have like 4 avail
They probably has 100's/1000's. Once something gets on slickdeals and is a really good deal its usually gone within hours. By just the posts there were 100 sold lol.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:02 PM
Aviak

Somehow I didn't know you were a SD'er, Thulack. I.. I just don't know you at all anymore! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

By far the best of the deal sites I've been to. Never won a giveaway, though. I'll donate all the items I buy to charity or something - I just want to win, once!
Old 02-18-2015, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemiddar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somehow I didn't know you were a SD'er, Thulack. I.. I just don't know you at all anymore! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

By far the best of the deal sites I've been to. Never won a giveaway, though. I'll donate all the items I buy to charity or something - I just want to win, once!
Guess what my forum handle is on SD? :P but yeah ever since i got a few HP touchpads off of a SD post i saw a few years back for dirt cheap i checkout the site atleast once every few days even if i dont have any money to spend. I really didnt need a 512gb SSD but my Laptop that i use twice a year only has as 80gb SSD in it so i said why not for 100 bucks.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guess what my forum handle is on SD?
I'll always assume your handle is "ILuvFletcherCox". Really is the perfect name for an Eagles fan who enjoys playing a Ranger.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemiddar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll always assume your handle is "ILuvFletcherCox". Really is the perfect name for an Eagles fan who enjoys playing a Ranger.
Really would just make me sound like a Gay Ranger :P Guess we can let this thread die now though cause the sale is sold out.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

1 year warranty vs Samsung's 10 year warranty. Even if you take regular backups and/or don't keep anything important on the drive, it's still a waste of time to restore backup + install new SSD when that thing inevitably crashes within a couple years. Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll last longer, but hard drive crashes are pretty annoying. Pretty damn cheap price, but I'm conning dubious.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

For 10 bucks can get a 3 year squaretrade warrenty on it. And for 100 bucks if i get a year+ out of it i'll be content. Think ive had 3 hard drives actually fail me in the last 15 years. Mostly my upgrades was from IDE to SATA then Platter HD to SSD. People said the same thing about a 40gb kingston SSD drive i got like 3 years ago. It actually went out on me 2 weeks ago but was just the HD for my media center so repped it with a 40gb HD since it doesnt need that much anyway. This way i can put the 512 in my laptop and just take that 80gb SSD and put in media center. I'm OCDish about what goes on my computers anyway and have reformated for myself and other people enough that i can have my computer completely back to the way i wanted it with fresh installs and everything in 8 hours. Normal people's PC i can have up Back up and ready for them in 6 so its not big deal really.
Last edited by Thulack; 02-18-2015 at 03:46 PM..
Old 02-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

Gms should sticky this, since using an ssd to load in quicker then the next person is called "competing" according to the raid rules set by the gms.

More ssds means more competition, right?
Last edited by harnold; 02-18-2015 at 05:32 PM..
Closed Thread