Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 05:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kildone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel bad for you OP I really do but to stress years of work lost seems a bit over dramatic. We don't pay for this service. There is no advertising revenues. I know for a fact that one day, maybe tomorrow, my characters and the server will cease to exist.

I hope they can find your character or create a new one but realize all the work put in will eventually be 'de-rezzed'(sp?).

Seems you have a lot of friends and sympathizers here. Start a new character and get some PL / gear to get going again.
Thanks for your comment. I did put in years here, and I had items that I would never be able to get back now. I can let the pixels go, I never came here wanting all my items back. I came here wanting my character back, but more importantly you all to realize this happens.

If the server was wiped I could accept that. If I screwed up, I could accept that... I came back to an entire account wiped clean. And more importantly clean from a database. Everyone else's (that we know of) information is still there. So someone with access to the database purposely removed me from everything. They had no script/query that was accidentally ran for this. Who would have the power to do this?

(This next part is a feeling and no proof)

It really feels like to me, we all know a GM had involvement with RMT at this point. And that he started selecting account people hadn't logged into for a year. It would be a low risk account to take everything from and sell. Clean the logs and delete all traces, free profit. There would never be a log back to him generating items or taking someones stuff.

(Tin Foil Hat Back Off)
Old 03-03-2015, 05:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He 100% had a Thex dagger.

...my Thex Dagger
Sorry my friend... You item is gone at this point.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if they've done partial match searches on the name. Do you remember any specific pieces of gear that would be on the character? If you gave them six or seven specific pieces of info, like four specific pieces of gear and 2 or 3 base stat values or something, maybe they could use that as a signature to winnow down.

Also, I wonder if they've checked their indexes lately; sometimes you can 'lose' records due to a corrupted index. The records physically there, you just can't get to it. Grepping a mysqldump for teh name might work in taht case.

This is some of the best advice I have seen here. This could possibly be one of the cases...
Old 03-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is actually a good point... How do we know you are who you says you is? Hmmmm? *eyes suspiciously*

No way to really verify that I suppose, so I don't see what the harm is in making the character for him unless of course he weren't really him and the real him comes to is with the same problem in a year >.<;
Because I need the character restored to the account he was on. I'm not asking this character to be made on a new account... I'm not trying to cheat the system or do something tricky here...
Old 03-04-2015, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athrix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because I need the character restored to the account he was on. I'm not asking this character to be made on a new account... I'm not trying to cheat the system or do something tricky here...
I was just teasing ^^ I have all the confidence you are who you say you are and sincerely hope you get your character back ^^
Old 03-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

How was the character deleted?
Old 03-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Aviak

Hey Cytriax, good to see you. I can definitely confirm this gentleman existed on our server and remember grouping with him a multitude of times with Franswa. Good luck with the restoration - hopefully something can be worked out.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

maybe after the large IB RMT scandal, all the toons were wiped permanently from the system
Old 03-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe after the large IB RMT scandal, all the toons were wiped permanently from the system
That was exactly my first thoughts.

And you can bet your arse if that happened they were damn sure this character was somehow involved with RMT to justify getting hit so hard with the ban hammer that they removed you from everywhere like you never existed....

Sounds so cliche'
Old 03-04-2015, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if that was the case, they'd simply keep the account banned.
Closed Thread