Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

Isn't it obvious that the real culprit is the guy who ran ahungry? The guy put ads on his site to make some money off p99 and got his lunch eaten by the vastly superior p99 auctions site. Now he's back as the clear #1.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 10-31-2016, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawlz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone earlier on said it was a great day for me and a sad day for everyone else, implying that I did, in fact, attack p99auctions.com, which obviously triggered me.

Not sure of the point you're trying to make but I'm sure you're going to clarify it.
Just some guy making a joke using broken logic, implying that now that the honest,true prices won't be available via P99 auctions, you will make even more plats in the ec tunnel. NM it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-31-2016, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juevento [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't it obvious that the real culprit is the guy who ran ahungry? The guy put ads on his site to make some money off p99 and got his lunch eaten by the vastly superior p99 auctions site. Now he's back as the clear #1.
Perhaps, Ahungry is just the unwilling beneficiary of p99 auctions demise? Just pure luck, it happens man. Take that hat off it's a bad look for you! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-31-2016, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

I guess I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was tristantio that did it, but only because the dude has done some pretty questionable things in the past.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

the various points about information and lack thereof are on target.

as any trader knows, you want less information to be available to your opponents than what you have available to yourself.

p99auctions was a public aggregator site, with its information available to all. now that it is down everyone loses information, but those who had less information (traded less often) suffer most, since this information bloc represented a much larger percentage of their total knowledge than it did to an experienced tunnelquester. that this information could have been manipulated by others is not relevant. those same people will be able to manipulate information in their private trades more easily now, because this site isn't around to contradict them.

again this is not rocket science. it's how you trade and make money, by gaining informational advantages over others.

so, yes. a sad day for the non tunnel people. but hey, being a trader in this way is some classic shit. we'll learn to live with the middle men taking larger cuts / being cheated harder (depending on your perspective).
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Last edited by thufir; 10-31-2016 at 01:33 PM..
Old 10-31-2016, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the various points about information and lack thereof are on target.

as any trader knows, you want less information to be available to your opponents than what you have available to yourself.

p99auctions was a public aggregator site, with its information available to all. now that it is down everyone loses information, but those who had less information (traded less often) suffer most, since this information bloc represented a much larger percentage of their total knowledge than it did to an experienced tunnelquester. that this information could have been manipulated by others is not relevant. those same people will be able to manipulate information in their private trades more easily now, because this site isn't around to contradict them.

again this is not rocket science. it's how you trade and make money, by gaining informational advantages over others.

so, yes. a sad day for the non tunnel people. but hey, being a trader in this way is some classic shit. we'll learn to live with the middle men taking larger cuts / being cheated harder (depending on your perspective).
Yeah good point. Pretty much all of this post.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juevento [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no proof of that, but it was my first thought too. The ahungry site is an important enough source of income for the creator that he attempts to block anyone that uses the site with an ad-blocker, and I'm sure the traffic entirely disappeared once p99auctions opened up.

Either way, it'll be a good case for Braknar, you know whoever invested in bringing down p99actions is doing so because they will benefit financially one way or another.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

Tin foil stocks are through the roof today!
Old 10-31-2016, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

The claims that all of these people were all using P99auctions to inflate prices are extremely exaggerated. There were a number of safeguards that prevented this, and from personal experience I have a pretty good idea of the market value of a lot of items an P99auctions was mostly pretty accurate.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread