Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketu Garyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somewhat TLDR for the whole post but really? I generally lead the Hydra Alliance sky raids and I have absolutely never turned down a ranger from coming to Island 4 to get a swirling sphere, an enchanter can literally just port up to plane of sky, grab the thing and leave, the gwan fight for monks takes like 12 seconds - ask to come up, hell we will probably let you and help, magician: see ench, and paladin and necro can easily be done during someone else's raid with cooperation as well. These quests are 100% not blocked by a player agreement and to say they are is dishonest. You don't need to leave a guild or be "in" with a guild to get help, you just need to ask. I am 90% sure most of the other guilds would feel the same way, especially for some of these incredibly simple and not-rare items/drops/turn ins.
Thats great that you do that, but there is other guilds who want to raid sky, and not have their hand held, or ask for permission to do so. Or have a player made agreement that allowed it all to happen in the first place.

If that makes sense.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesteve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there is other guilds who want to raid sky, and not have their hand held, or ask for permission to do so
Just curious, which guilds specifically?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Rivervale Vanguard, Rivervale Vanguard! Woof, woof. Woof woof!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-08-2018, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Didn't read 5 page thread about how rotating Sky would be bad for the server (it is one of the most annoying raid zones in EQ). And people wonder why ToV / Dragon rotations won't work.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesteve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats great that you do that, but there is other guilds who want to raid sky, and not have their hand held, or ask for permission to do so. Or have a player made agreement that allowed it all to happen in the first place.

If that makes sense.
Which guild(s)? I have not heard of any specific guild objecting to the Sky rotation, and we’re 5 pages into this thing. At this point, this seems liked a veiled attempt to give farmers more opportunity to farm. So - please, give me a reason to believe otherwise.

You’ve heard from multiple people that there are multiple prime time opportunities to obtain the epic and other pieces from Sky from any number of sources, and as far as I’m concerned, you have yet to articulate a good reason to do away with the Agreement other than some alleged unfairness. Your objection appears to merely be “rotations are wrong.” That’s fine, and you are entitled to that opinion, and there are plenty that disagree with that opinion on this single issue for any number of reasons. The GMs on this server have repeatedly taken action to support the decisions and player made agreements that have worked for a period of time, and this is one circumstance where a rotation makes real sense.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point, this seems liked a veiled attempt to give farmers more opportunity to farm.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't read 5 page thread about how rotating Sky would be bad for the server (it is one of the most annoying raid zones in EQ). And people wonder why ToV / Dragon rotations won't work.
Lazy bad post is lazy and bad. There is 1 person stating how they think the agreement is bad (OP), remaining are looking for clarification on why he thinks so/what is his guild and why they can't just attempt to contact others in rotation. The agreement seems to be supported in this thread, OP just wants to compete for sky whenever he wants, just like non-sky raid content is done here.

Not reading and then commenting blindly is for RnF, it's over that wayyy --->
Old 06-08-2018, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

My perspective, coming from a person not interested in doing sky, after reading through this post:

1. Corpsing shouldn't be grounds for a schedule. If you can organize a raid you can organize corpse refreshes. Going up just to refresh was pretty standard fare when it was FFA.

2. I think a lot of the guilds in the rotation would probably be fine accommodating someone looking for one piece with no expectations of payment if they were just reached out too. There are some other guilds which I think would say they would be open to helping but would want compensation. In my opinion, if you are getting a GM forced rotation you really shouldn't be using it to extort people.

3. I understand not wanting to have your hand held. I think some guilds would just want to be able to do their own sky when they have the numbers. It may not be related to the bottleneck argument but people joined a specific guild to raid with those members.

4. Complaining someone went to Sky on your turn when you weren't going to do it seems akin to a child complaining their younger sibling was using one of their old toys. Kind of petty. There should probably be a time limit on slots, such as if not started by X:XX a guild can start before X:XX.

5. A couple of permanently or rotating open slots seems reasonable.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 06-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
What if your a raid guild who wants to do sky, but raids in the PM and not currently holding one of those PM slots?

As it stands now, if you're in a PM raid guild that is not the following: Paradigm Shift, Clue, Blood Guard, Azure Guard, Anonymous, The Second Sons, Kittens Who Say Meow or Hydra Alliance and you hold a standard 8am-5pm job you are never going to be able to raid sky on your own as a guild function.

Not to mention, if you're one of the unfortunate classes (ranger, monk, enc, mage, paladin) that have epic items in this zone you will now have to leave your guild and join one of the above if you don't want to pay a ridiculous MQ price, or hope your guild is friends with one of the above and hope the host guild does not have a player that already needs the item.
You could always just ask if you could join their raid(s)?
Last edited by Rainik Stormseeker; 06-08-2018 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: vernacular
Old 06-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketu Garyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somewhat TLDR for the whole post but really? I generally lead the Hydra Alliance sky raids and I have absolutely never turned down a ranger from coming to Island 4 to get a swirling sphere, an enchanter can literally just port up to plane of sky, grab the thing and leave, the gwan fight for monks takes like 12 seconds - ask to come up, hell we will probably let you and help, magician: see ench, and paladin and necro can easily be done during someone else's raid with cooperation as well. These quests are 100% not blocked by a player agreement and to say they are is dishonest. You don't need to leave a guild or be "in" with a guild to get help, you just need to ask. I am 90% sure most of the other guilds would feel the same way, especially for some of these incredibly simple and not-rare items/drops/turn ins.
^
Closed Thread