Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 07:07 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Ban Appeal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
makes you wonder about the bullet proof glass bank in Paineel don't it
LMAO

Topkek
Old 02-21-2021, 07:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by htabdoolb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I first took notice of "DMO" on the forums, before I began playing a few months ago. Their guild name seemed a bit suspect, emphasizing the fact that its members were "Dark Men" rather than just Erudites. Then there was the guild's most prolific poster, whose name "Nirgon" reads like a slightly dyslexic version of a rather rude insult for real life "Dark Men". Just swap two letters.

"Perhaps I'm just imagining things.." I thought to myself. "..Seeing intent in what may be mere happenstance. They're probably not racist, just stupid."

So, I make an account, install EQ and create a new character. Then, I run across the very first member of "DMO" I see in game. Someone who has chosen to name his male Erudite "Unckle".

"Ah, so I didn't imagine it." I realize. "Fuck these guys."

I play games to get away from shit like this in the real world. I don't appreciate having this sort of pathetic toxicity pushed into my face in what should otherwise be a fun, fantasy escape. I'm glad to hear that "Dark Men of Odus" was disbanded.

You know much like in the real world you can choose to ignore things and they don't have to creep into your life unless you secretly want them to?
Old 02-21-2021, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

im not racist. its actually you who is racist, for noticing my racism.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

So many racists on this board makes me want to genocide
Old 02-21-2021, 09:42 AM
Fire Giant

lol how is this thread 14 pages long? they made a guild of erudites called “dark men” and half the characters in it are named in zero-percent-veiled nods to blacks. it’s obviously and intentionally racist, that’s the whole concept, stop engaging
Old 02-21-2021, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannobeers3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It must be confusing as hell for folks to learn English via ESL and then have to suffer through some message boards.
The base English might not be so hard but the language, especially with the American society modification, which is adaptable and living (artists play with it), i imagine that would be difficult to do.

And i like that.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:57 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nirgon

Race: Troll
Class: Planar Protector
Level: 42-48
Zone: Central Standard
Respawn Time: Unknown
AC: See Below
HP: ~14,195
Attacks per round: 1-3
Special: Enrage, Rampage, Scream of Chaos, Immune to Reason/Logic.

Description
Weak to virtue. Low AC, wears cloth.

Strategy
As with Fippy Darkpaw and the Qeynos gates, Nirgon heads directly to RnF if not immediately aggroed. Standard tank and spank. Has annoying zonewide message spam.

Known Loot
Troll Parts
A Vile Substance
Torn Brown Shirt*
Dusty Burlap Pants
Cup Cakes
Cookies

Factions
Dark Men of Odus (-500)
Holocaust (-500)
Seal Team (-250)

Opposing Factions
United Nations (10)
God (10)

Relation Quests
None

OMG that's funny.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol how is this thread 14 pages long? they made a guild of erudites called “dark men” and half the characters in it are named in zero-percent-veiled nods to blacks. it’s obviously and intentionally racist, that’s the whole concept, stop engaging
Racists tend to be exquisitely sensitive. They can't let it go. They have little to no shame so they try to defend their pathetic, misguided, ignorant views with even the most asinine and often naive arguments (if you can even call them that). It's quite pathetic.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

This thread was a big props to GMs for doing the right thing, so it's 14 pages because they deserve it
Old 02-21-2021, 04:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Racists tend to be exquisitely sensitive. They can't let it go. They have little to no shame so they try to defend their pathetic, misguided, ignorant views with even the most asinine and often naive arguments (if you can even call them that). It's quite pathetic.
Your argument makes no sense, how would they be upset if they have no shame? Would punishment in an online community where there's no ban only entail in being shamed? But they have no shame so they wouldn't be upset at all?

I feel like the "community" of only the very vocal minority is just being baited super hard and you can't see it.

See my signature for example, DMO has gotten 14 threads of people to respond to them with very little effort whatsoever, I'm not sure if you realize they're laughing at you.
Closed Thread