Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is inaccurate. I was in <Friends> for a period of time (I love those people tbh), and they refused to recruit. I kept meeting people and people kept reaching out to me because I was, like, the nice guy; and Salem et al said a big fat NO to every single person. Obviously, this had consequences. Anytime we had an even-numbers fight, more Emp would port in and we'd start plugging.
Bad leadership, I see it all the time. I ran a badminton league in baton rogue. When I met my husband I had to release some of my leadership to another individual (him/he). Within a month the league was in shambles.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is inaccurate. I was in <Friends> for a period of time (I love those people tbh), and they refused to recruit. I kept meeting people and people kept reaching out to me because I was, like, the nice guy; and Salem et al said a big fat NO to every single person. Obviously, this had consequences. Anytime we had an even-numbers fight, more Emp would port in and we'd start plugging.
Friends definitely recruited a non-zero amount of people over its lifespan. Sure, it might not have been open recruitment, but new people entered that guild every now and then.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

True. I exaggerated. It was very few. Usually people they already knew. Friends were not trying to "recruit and contest." Anyway! We still earned that killer reputation, didn't we? And it certainly wasn't because of me.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:10 AM
Fire Giant

Zechariah literally begged me to join Friends. Sending a tell to Salem about it was literally the worst decision I ever made while playing R99 over 6 years.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 11-15-2021, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Not who but what, autism. Autism drove TMO off red, TMO was filled with a bunch of cool bros who were looking for a good time and a new challenge. Your autistic behaviors drove off good leadership and good bros.

TMO was the last best thing that happened to Red, you burgers wish we were there stomping around
Old 11-15-2021, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not who but what, autism. Autism drove TMO off red, TMO was filled with a bunch of cool bros who were looking for a good time and a new challenge. Your autistic behaviors drove off good leadership and good bros.

TMO was the last best thing that happened to Red, you burgers wish we were there stomping around
What about the people Tmo drove off red? You guys got curb stomped in two months and ran off.
Old 11-15-2021, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about the people Tmo drove off red? You guys got curb stomped in two months and ran off.
Thank you for reaffirming my argument
Old 11-15-2021, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 11-15-2021, 02:33 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-15-2021, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall 146.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say the average Friends player was better than the average Empire player, simply because Empire was bloated with horrible players. Empire, however, had far more great players than Friends did. Friends had like 5 good players, whereas Empire had like 20. This was evident in pretty much the only even numbers fight our two guilds ever had at Phara Dar shortly after Velious released; Friends had several waves of alts camped out and a position advantage, and we still mopped the floor with Friends.

The only guild I recall ever refusing to recruit was Azrael post-Nihilum-disband. Friends absolutely recruited people, but Empire outpaced them so hard in new recruit interest.

Friends' biggest problem was the culture of selfish and ego protecting playstyle. A vast majority of the guild played killshot characters with high protection against getting yellowtexted (wizards, shadowknights), but barely anyone played support. Very few players were willing to risk getting yellowtexted to do big things. Salem was one of the only players with a spine in that guild, but he fizzled out pretty hard as soon as Velious released.
agree half of whats said here

salem spine? nope

i dont think any fights friends camped out alts for, we had 1 wave of chars for that pd, if its the same fight im thinking of
Closed Thread