Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Default Alternate Ruleset Server idea

I have an alternate ruleset server idea. I assume I am not the only one who enjoys to play the game straight up. I don't mind people who solo, but some of the solo abilities are overpowered. I don't mind people who twink, but some of it is overpowered, fungi tunic and any high level weapons for melee chars. I don't mind someone helping a fellow player out with some buffs and heals, but the powerleveling that goes on is ridiculous. I don't mind a guild being all bad ass and can take down anything in the game, but it should be damn near impossible for them to kill all of them before other guilds can get to them. So with that being said, I thought up what my ideal alternate ruleset server would be.

Run speed, snare, fear, root, charm, teleportation spells and pets removed. Add level limits to items. You can only get buffs up to 1.5 times your level. Somehow remove Feign Death and any other overpowered powerleveling that I haven't thought of. This is optional, but I liked having no common language like on the FV server back in the day.

I think that would accomplish most of what I am wanting in a server. No more ridiculous powerleveling and twinking. No more overpowered solo abilities which I think would encourage grouping more. A single guild will not be able to dominate all raid mobs without teleportation which I think would make the end game more enjoyable for all guilds. But what I fear is that most people do not enjoy playing a game straight up, they want those advantages to breeze through the levels.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Kobold

Sounds like you need to make a private server, as this is completely absurd in my eyes. You're taking away what the game has to offer players.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that would accomplish most of what I am wanting in a server.
Yep. Sounds like you should start your own hobby server. I'm sure it'll be a hit.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you need to make a private server, as this is completely absurd in my eyes. You're taking away what the game has to offer players.
Not really, making the game to be played more straight up with no unfair advantages. So I guess in your eyes, you like easy mode EQ.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. Sounds like you should start your own hobby server. I'm sure it'll be a hit.
Well both of you are confirming what I had feared, most people like easy mode EQ.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Kobold

No, I like the game how it was made by Verant. If it wasn't to your liking why did you play it?
Old 04-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I like the game how it was made by Verant. If it wasn't to your liking why did you play it?
Do you honestly believe Verant meant for level 1's to be running around with a Fungi Tunic on. Or power leveled at ridiculous speeds. Or guilds dominating all the raid targets. Don't think so. They meant for it to be most a group game, not a bunch of powerlevelers, twinkers, and kiters.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Kobold

No use talking to you. Good day, gl with that server
Old 04-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Banned

i think he means having run speed, snare, fear, root, charm, feign death, teleportation spells and pets in the game, as that's how it was created. it would be stupid without those
Old 04-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

Who needs teleportation to dominate all raids mobs when you have enough alts camped out at spawn point?
Closed Thread