Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

I suggest we make the rule as simple as possible for everyone to understand:

No camping in the zone of a mob you wish to take down, anything outside of the zone is fair game.

I think this would simplify the rule enough to where everyone could understand it, and it would be clear if there were any violations.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:58 AM
Planar Protector

Didn't they say KC entrance was fine, as was Seb entrance? I'd assume all the standard zone-ins are fine then, including Ogre Island in TD, between the port spots and TT zoneline in EJ, entrance to SolB/Perma, etc etc.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am a bit concerned with TMO camping out 6+ pullers at the door to PD and camping multiple people in the pool room (SW spawn point). While PD and SW are in window. VP is just like every other zone in regards to raid rules. Max 2 people in the vicinity of a raid mob. The rest of them should be at zone in or outside.
Of course, what you fail to mention in this is the meeting that took place in FE vent the previous night (you should really start attending these btw). Snackies and I specifically went over to address our concern over having spent the last couple Tuesdays consistently hassling Ubrella and Sloan over the same potential issue plus the "2 guild/1 target overlapping" that was routinely taking place (which to their credit, an immediate FE effort to straighten it out was made each time). After much discussion we both left that vent with an understanding that since these issues kept popping up, we would try not policing where pullers camped in VP this spawn cycle.

You seemingly also didn't have a problem with this while watching it all day long, since nobody heard a complaint out of anybody until PD went late in window (and we assume Hokushin started tiring of maintaining his "spinning at character select and logging/staying in briefly every 5 minutes" advantage over our 45 ranger tracker we had logged in most of the day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). Sloan then sent me a tell claiming there was a huge misunderstanding and asked me to move those people back to entrance. We did, with him personally watching and later thanking me for it.

Anyways, like Kope i'm all for keeping things as simple and easy to police as possible. Although to note, i do find it a little puzzling here that some people apparently see sitting 40+ active people all day on the other side of a zoneline as being the much better solution here then simply camping your force offline at the entrance.
Last edited by Komodon; 02-07-2014 at 06:00 AM..
Old 02-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Fire Giant

I follow the raid rule as posted by the server staff. If you want to make a side deal, you should be responsible for informing all parties. I was not informed and no one from FE corroborates your version of the conversation about allowing more than 2 people at a spawn point. I do not view following raid rules as policing, it is black and white.

I have problems when rules are broken, and seeing your 6+ pullers at PD was an issue for me. But 6+ pullers at the pd door is not breaking any rules unless those same pullers log on and help on the pd pull when it actually pops.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course, what you fail to mention in this is the meeting that took place in FE vent the previous night (you should really start attending these btw). Snackies and I specifically went over to address our concern over having spent the last couple Tuesdays consistently hassling Ubrella and Sloan over the same potential issue plus the "2 guild/1 target overlapping" that was routinely taking place (which to their credit, an immediate FE effort to straighten it out was made each time). After much discussion we both left that vent with an understanding that since these issues kept popping up, we would try not policing where pullers camped in VP this spawn cycle.

You seemingly also didn't have a problem with this while watching it all day long, since nobody heard a complaint out of anybody until PD went late in window (and we assume Hokushin started tiring of maintaining his "spinning at character select and logging/staying in briefly every 5 minutes" advantage over our 45 ranger tracker we had logged in most of the day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). Sloan then sent me a tell claiming there was a huge misunderstanding and asked me to move those people back to entrance. We did, with him personally watching and later thanking me for it.

Anyways, like Kope i'm all for keeping things as simple and easy to police as possible. Although to note, i do find it a little puzzling here that some people apparently see sitting 40+ active people all day on the other side of a zoneline as being the much better solution here then simply camping your force offline at the entrance.
FE and IB have never 'taken advantage' of any 2 guild/1 raid nonsense in regards to people present at spawn or logging in.

Other than that I really do appreciate how quickly you tried to deal with the issue, regardless of how it ended up playing out.
Last edited by Tanthallas; 02-07-2014 at 08:49 AM..
Old 02-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't they say KC entrance was fine, as was Seb entrance? I'd assume all the standard zone-ins are fine then, including Ogre Island in TD, between the port spots and TT zoneline in EJ, entrance to SolB/Perma, etc etc.
The issue is that nobody knows what their ruling is because there's an apparent intentional decision to not provide guidance and clarity here, regardless of how much we all ask. My petition submitted via the forums has been read but unanswered.

Again, I have been of the opinion that, absent clarification from GM's, we should be camping outside of target zones. If there's no response I guess it is safe to camp raid forces inside the zones as guilds are already doing. I just dislike this slow encroachment towards the spawn.. Camping out a little further into the zone allowed? Why camp at the zone line inside the zone.. move raid forces a little closer each time etc. Responses from the staff would solve this and we could move onto the next topic for discussion.
-----------------------
Old 02-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah I don't remember where it was said, but when the rules first came out, they said KC entrance and Seb entrance were fine. Until they say otherwise, I think it is fair to assume that the zone-ins are legit. A few zones merit further clarification. Saying we can't be in the zone is further from what was stated than assuming zone-ins of other zones (besides Seb and KC) are fine.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:20 AM
Kobold

Can we get a final ruling on this?
Old 02-16-2014, 04:50 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we get a final ruling on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lemme talk to some staff and ill get an answer for u guys on the TD/Fay thing
^

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 02-16-2014, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

It's a 7-minute pull from spawn point to ogre island. It takes less time to engage almost any other encounter. Does it really matter if you camp at ogre island or at the docks in Oasis?

These rules don't need to be lawyered, just use common sense.
Closed Thread