Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Default Invulnerability aggro dump bug thread deleted.

I main a warrior, so I didn't have a horse in this race. I honestly didn't realize the current DA aggro behaviour wasn't classic until reading through the research in the thread by the usual (and very respected) fact-finders, who spend quite a few hours a week proving out just what's classic and what isn't.

And to play classic EQ? Hey, that's why we're all here.

Let's be frank: this wasn't a "we've decided not to fix this". It wasn't a "meh we don't think this will fly in the current environment". It wasn't even a "we're just not gonna fix it, end of thread".

Instead, this was "It's never going to happen. I don't believe you. It never worked that way, and even if it did, fuck you" by the big R, directed at all the researchers in that thread, in the face of objective facts. Ego shut that shit down.

That sucks, for everyone.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

need to better understand your ambitions before deciding whether to flame or not. are you lobbying for the reintroduction of extinct bugs by virtue of their classic nature?
Old 03-27-2017, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

I didn't see the thread, what is the rundown on this? I thought it was working normally, but I also never had any reason to use DA on live (whereas I use it all the time here for various things)

Also melon is using big words and it's scaring me
Old 03-27-2017, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Nah. People went to a lot of length to evidence that DA should drop you to 1 hate on the aggro list in the current era, pretty indisputably imo, and it was shut down from on high. Not for any reason at all, or no reason, but because it seems like somebody didn't want to admit they might be wrong.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Just during the duration of the DA? I do see a temporary hate drop during DA, like i used to. Maybe I'll have to test it out.

Also hi Fatter <3
Old 03-27-2017, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Looks like my bad, it wasn't deleted, it was moved.

Summary:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...3&postcount=46

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...6&postcount=47

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...0&postcount=48

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...0&postcount=58

I mean everyone can draw their own conclusions. But leaders need to be able to admit when they're wrong.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't see the thread, what is the rundown on this? I thought it was working normally, but I also never had any reason to use DA on live (whereas I use it all the time here for various things)

Also melon is using big words and it's scaring me
what that s'pose to mean? i have you know, the melonian lexicon is a deep well of queer words and obtuse grammar stuffs. just cause i dunt use most them dont mean they ain't in there >.>
Old 03-27-2017, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean everyone can draw their own conclusions. But leaders need to be able to admit when they're wrong.
Rogean doesn't get to play here. Nilbog doesn't get to play here. None of the other GMs/developers get to play here. All these people volunteer insane amounts of their own personal time because they have one singular desire: to re-create, as best as possible, the classic Everquest experience for others to enjoy.

Now, either people like that, who have no "dog in the game" (because they don't even have any dogs ... er characters), are so full of pride that they ignore solid evidence that could make their server more classic ...

... or you're proposing a significant change to gameplay with minimal evidence and they're responding by saying they need more evidence before changing gameplay so drastically.

Look I saw Daldaen in that thread, and that dude most certainly knows how to do classic research. If he can't produce proof that satisfies the powers that be (something which I believe he's done successfully several times) then maybe there just isn't enough evidence out there, regardless of what truly was/wasn't happening in classic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe, Loramin. And maybe I'm overreacting (I'm willing to eat that crow). But the tone of it just rubs me the wrong way, ya know?
Old 03-27-2017, 02:41 PM
Banned

used to use bard DA agro song all the time for the agro drop

also to prevent people from getting ports
Closed Thread