Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

Default Noob Questions...

Hi all, I can't believe this place has been around for 10 years and I just found out about it. I've been having a great time the last week and I'd like to thank the admins for making this possible. I've not yet donated but it's near the top of my list of things to do!

I played a ranger when EQ first launched but I re-rolled a necro after a couple months and took him up to 65 and quit after POP. I lived a different life back then and was able to raid nightly and while I didn't have the best gear it was pretty good. I miss my jboots and pre-nerf cos!

I live a different life now (wife and two kids and EQ will NOT intrude on those) so I have much less time available (not to mention that when I AM on, I don't want to group because I am constantly AFK to deal with family issues). Thankfully there was a class I knew well that was perfect for soloing! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My first 8 levels went by pretty quick and I was actually amazed at that; I didn't realize I was doing all that stuff during the 10th anniversary XP bonus week! The levelling the last two nights has been noticeably slower!

Okay, with the introduction out of the way I've compiled a few questions over the last week and figured I’d dump them all here instead of spamming the board with different posts:

1 - Alt-N - So when I log into the game, it tells me that I have unread story lines and to open the story window with Alt-N to read them. Alt-N doesn’t open anything. In the settings, I have checked that Alt-N is indeed set to open the story window. Is this a known bug? I haven’t modified the client in any way or run any other programs (although I did run WinEQ2 to see if it’d fix my running bug detailed next).

2 - Weird glitch - There’s a weird bug that happens a couple times a night, usually when my hand sort of slips off the mouse but I get stuck in some weird auto-move mode where my character keeps going in the direction he was going when I slipped. The movement keys still work and will count against the movement but not overwrite it completely. Sometimes sitting down will fix it but sometimes not. I also can’t seem to reproduce it on demand so I’m not exactly sure how I’m doing it. Anyone else see this?

3 - PVPers - I was surprised how many red-named players I’ve run into. Back when I played live there were probably 2-3 on Tunare out of an average population of ~2500. I’ve seen a half dozen just cruising out of Neriak in the last week (even bought spells for a KOS gnome there, he gave me a sacrificial dagger). Is there some reason there’s a high PVP population on the blue server?

4 - Necro sword - So there’s this necro only sword that was a (Kunark era?) Quest, mid 30’s. Had a really distinctive look with a curve near the end. What’s that sucker called? I remember loving it when I first got it but now it’s bugging me. There’s a pic of it in my avatar.

5 - Weird mechanics - I don’t know what else to call this one. There’s several places I’ve noticed where my character seems to automatically enter ducked mode. The vision lowers and your movement speed slows down drastically. A couple steps later you pop right back up. It always seems to do it near the PoD in Neriak Commons but I’ve noticed it in other places as well. Is that a known bug or do I maybe have a corrupted install?

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 10-10-2019, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

1) ignore, not classic, you have to write all your stories yourself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2) open options, go to keybinds, see what you have automove bound to. you're maybe hitting that
5) turn off allow autoduck in options and see what your duck key is keybinds - use that to manually duck. autoduck will fuck you and get you stuck at the worst times
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 10-10-2019 at 02:47 PM..
Old 10-10-2019, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Pretty sure it's not bound to autorun, but I have made a few changes (ASDW movement keys) so maybe I did screw that up so I'll double check that and the autoduck. I also realized I've never tried doing it in 3rd person view, i'll try that too.

Thanks!

Old 10-10-2019, 03:50 PM
Kobold

@4. Visceral Dagger
Quest: https://wiki.project1999.com/Visceral_Dagger

Shadowknights can also use it and it is surprisingly piercing.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejester11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@4. Visceral Dagger
Quest: https://wiki.project1999.com/Visceral_Dagger

Shadowknights can also use it and it is surprisingly piercing.
Thats it! Thanks!

Closed Thread