Aviak

Google Authenticator *cough*
Old 12-31-2012, 08:19 PM
Kobold

Any update on this from the staff?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradojeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any update on this from the staff?
I would honestly say, don't even think about this being implemented any time soon.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

To those who fear IDtheft by SMS feature.

I dought anyone is going to IDtheft anyone here. Most of us play EQemu servers because Sony does not provide particular servers we want. As to the rest .. to poor or cheap to dish out cash for a monthly sub over at Sony or any other MMO/game.

The net is mainly gathering information to build a profile around the meat and bones.

Meat and bones? thats done by actually going out and gathering. There are a variety of ways and majority is common knowledge. Now, I know a guy who can gather directly from the 'air' and can ensure that information is from people who have a lot of money. He is the reason I have multiple bank accounts, all restricted to walk-in only, except one for card use (walk-in to tranfer small amounts to card account). He parks near high end, gated communities during QVC/dinner hours and records all phone conversations within a one mile radius of his location due to the device range. Uses his computer to isolate the voices and focuses on those who had made purchases with their cards. From there .. the net to build profiles around the meat and bones. As to the device that allows this, a cheap modification to a certain product which can be bought nearly anywhere.

Phone information does nothing but perhaps contribute to a profile that is being built around the meat and bones. If you actually think email and or phone number is going to open up your bank accounts for the taking .. your an idiot, if you bank online .. aye, same thing. Next time your standing in line within at a store .. look over your shoulder, someone could be electronically extracting information from your cards buried deep in YOUR pocket. Next time your in a bank and filling out those little forms .. cover up better, person next to you with the glasses, which has a built in HD camera, could be recording all your information. Next time you use a phone to make a purchase ...

Anyways, the SMS feature should be a choice. If you do not want to provide a phone number then nothing changes for you, everything remains in its current state as you see it when you login now. Those who do choose to provide their phone number, gain new features to their account, thus access to higher levels of security like LS information.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Bump.

OUT OF THE WAY PECK!

Quote:
12:53 <Littlegyno> nilberg
12:53 <Littlegyno> i was
12:53 <Littlegyno> gonna have pix
Old 02-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

I just want to get back into my LS account. Will you tinfoil hat pricks just get out? Nobody cares if Rogean has your phone #. Just you. Nobody is trying to call you or text you or steal your ID.

I VOTE YES LETS DO IT!

OUT OF THE WAY PECK!

Quote:
Old 02-17-2013, 12:13 AM
Orc

Does this work on account's we lost the password to already? I have been bothering GM's for a while trying to recover my old accounts. With this new service would I be able to get my account back?!?!?!?!? If so, hell yes!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

I believe so Evictionnotice, it should allow us to reset LS passwords.

OUT OF THE WAY PECK!

Quote:
Old 02-19-2013, 04:07 AM
Kobold

I don't see how it would. You'd need to log into the account to set the phone number first since there's no phone # info in old accounts. And since the account doesn't have a phone number how would it know where to SMS to help you recover it?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:12 AM
Sarnak

You login to EQEmu account. Go under LS Login Accounts and reset. Bam. At least I believe it would work in similar fashion.

OUT OF THE WAY PECK!

Quote:
Closed Thread